U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:28 PM

4,733 posts, read 6,631,210 times

Advertisements

TriDad, that is a riot!! How much did you have to pay that cute kitty?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 12:48 PM

3,454 posts, read 4,804,332 times
I'm getting tweaky. I'm gonna try to give the inn a call tonight to find out if there's a picnic area near the lake somewhere close.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:38 PM

304 posts, read 704,539 times
Hi all , I just called Fall Creek Falls trying to find out if we have anything reserved. Without names it is making the task difficult but have not found any reservations for the forum or in Kerrys name. I am trying to reserve a shelter as we speak. I will be back online later tonight and give more details

Old 03-28-2008, 03:03 PM

There's cabins nearby that allegedly have availability but they're near the south entrance of the park. fallcreekfallscabins dot com.

But when I called there were not of those cute fisherman's cabins available on the lake in the park

We did get a pet-friendly room (yay!) at the Inn so we'll be able to bring our pup Victor along with my two year old.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM

Hello again- This is what I have found out. As far as the office can see There is nothing reserved under City Data Forum or anyone with the name Kerry- I don't know his girlfriends name so of course it might be under her name. They read me names of who had reservations but nothing sounded like our group.
The office also told me the only way we could have a meeting room reserved is if we had 20 rooms booked, which I don't think that is going to happen.
I asked about shelters and the girl told me that we could reserve one but we would have to pay $43.90 to guarentee it She said right now there are 2 shelters available but that the others that have been taken are mostly birthday parties and that they probably would not be there very long. She said that we could take a chance and get a first come first serve shelter and not pay anything and take our chances.
Now about the food. It is a restaurant and has a variety of what you can order. She stated that from 4:00 pm to 9:00 there is a prime rib buffet for I think $14.00 ( darn it, I thought I wrote it down. I will call tomorrow and find out. Otherwise you can go in and order sandwiches, steaks , whatever you want anytime the restaurant is open.
So that is what I have so far. I think if we all can deceide what time and where to meet, everything should be fine.
I can try to get there early and look for a shelter. I have about a hour drive to get there but I am used to getting up early so I won't mind doing that as long as I don't have to be there at 5:00 am. Hey are there any Starbucks on my way? HMMM.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:26 PM

275 posts, read 795,508 times
3 maybe, buffet yum!

Old 03-28-2008, 09:39 PM

7,285 posts, read 14,373,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacation bound View Post
Hello again- This is what I have found out. As far as the office can see There is nothing reserved under City Data Forum or anyone with the name Kerry- I don't know his girlfriends name so of course it might be under her name. They read me names of who had reservations but nothing sounded like our group.
The office also told me the only way we could have a meeting room reserved is if we had 20 rooms booked, which I don't think that is going to happen.
I asked about shelters and the girl told me that we could reserve one but we would have to pay $43.90 to guarentee it She said right now there are 2 shelters available but that the others that have been taken are mostly birthday parties and that they probably would not be there very long. She said that we could take a chance and get a first come first serve shelter and not pay anything and take our chances.
Now about the food. It is a restaurant and has a variety of what you can order. She stated that from 4:00 pm to 9:00 there is a prime rib buffet for I think $14.00 ( darn it, I thought I wrote it down. I will call tomorrow and find out. Otherwise you can go in and order sandwiches, steaks , whatever you want anytime the restaurant is open.
So that is what I have so far. I think if we all can deceide what time and where to meet, everything should be fine.
I can try to get there early and look for a shelter. I have about a hour drive to get there but I am used to getting up early so I won't mind doing that as long as I don't have to be there at 5:00 am. Hey are there any Starbucks on my way? HMMM.
I rented a shelter last year and gave everyone the number (Mr. and Mrs. Bones beat us there by hours and still found it) but I also put up (sorta, forgot the good tape! ) a poster board sign on the shelter that said "City-Data". Maybe you can get there and find an available shelter, put up a similar sign and we all can find it? Or if someone wouldn't mind securing with a deposit a shelter and posting the name/number of the shelter than we all pitch in a few bucks each to reimburse that person for the reservation fee? I think just a shelter as a meeting place/home base for the day would be great, that way folks/families can go eat when ever they like. Or if we could get a shelter rather close to the restaurant, we can get it and being it to the shelter picnic style and maybe folks could bring drinks and/or deserts just for yummy sharing fun?
Just some random thoughts and options.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:41 AM

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

If it's just $40 something bucks I don't mind paying for the shelter and splitting the cost with the rest. I'll give them a call...

Old 03-29-2008, 08:07 AM

Thanks bbKaren- I am a little short on funds right now to pay for the shelter but will gladly give you money once there. I don't know if I will have time to make a sign since I am getting into TN that Fri night, But I have one of the decorative flags you hang outside I could bring and put up. Oh I can't wait to get up there.

Old 03-29-2008, 09:27 AM

7,285 posts, read 14,373,340 times
Great! Thanks bbkaren, we appreciate you!
Just let us know the details when you get them please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee