Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:24 AM

5,985 posts, read 4,376,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
It's snowing . . . but sunny here. No, I'm not kidding.
Did you see a snowbow?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 PM

501 posts, read 1,064,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Barb View Post
About a 1/2" up near White House and snow is steadily coming down right now. It's so hard to believe schools are closed for this much snow when up north we would have been in classes already.
I know. I feel sorry for Southern kids. Some of the best snowball fights of all time happened during recess

Old 02-27-2008, 02:01 PM

189 posts, read 914,633 times
I live close to Antioch. I've been sitting here watching it snow with the sun shinning. How weird can the weather be here. We have had snow showers on and off all day so far. It stuck for a little while this morning. However, nothing is sticking now, not even on trees or bushes. In fact, right now, the sun is shinning -- not snowing any more and it doesn't look like it has snowed at all. It's 30 degrees so you would think that the snow would at least stick to the bushes. Again, weird weather.

Old 02-27-2008, 02:27 PM

58 posts, read 149,575 times
Default I'll show ya real snow...

Just as soon as I can upload a photo..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well it is late and I am like a 10 year old on the night before Christmas, staring out the window. There is already about 3 inches of big, fat, fluffy snow all piled up, and it is supposed to continue well into tomorrow!

I was worried that I would not be able to get my cheapo round plastic walmart sled out and hit the slopes but alas in the final hour, I will score big as it even looks like a fast snow. (I'll be wiping it down with a fresh coat of PAM tonight)

In case no one sees me online tomorrow, be sure to contact mountain rescue and note that the hounds will need to be fed. Inform them NOT to attempt coming down the driveway and that they will need to walk in otherwise we will all be camping out for the day. (chuckling)

Old 02-27-2008, 02:38 PM

189 posts, read 914,633 times
Well, just about 40 minutes since my last post. The sun was shinning then. Now cloudy and, yes, snowing again. It's sticking this time. At least for now.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:12 PM

423 posts, read 1,404,482 times
Default Snow Ice Cream Anyone?

When I was a kid we'd scoop up fresh snow, add some vanilla extract, milk and sugar and mmmmm...snow ice cream. We got a ton of the white stuff today, with more on the way. First really big snowfall this winter. Tonight it's American Idol, a cuppa tea and cozying in! We're not going anywhere...until it melts
Attached Thumbnails
Finally, a real snow this year!-1.jpg   Finally, a real snow this year!-0.jpg   Finally, a real snow this year!-2.jpg  

Old 02-27-2008, 03:25 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Smile Nothing like a fun day in the snow - even if it is spent inside by a fire.

Ahhhh, thanks Pineywoods! I just love it when folks include photos of all of the good stuff!

I sure hope we get more snow in our part of E TN when we get relocated than we do here in N GA.

When I was growing up in the mts. of PA we didn't even bother with the flavorings, pineywoods. We just reeeally avoided the yellow snow! The rest was for us to eat, play in and throw at each other.

My dad always had an ice skating rink for us in the back yard from around Christmas til the end of March. The boundaries to keep the water in were made of chunks of snow that we would cut out of the sides of steep hills with Dad's wood working saws.

We also made igloos that frequently collapsed from our faulty sense of the keystone design. Hey, what do ya want from a kid? Great fun.

Y'all enjoy your snow. Don't eat it all.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Don't eat the "yellow" snow......

Old 02-27-2008, 03:36 PM

38 posts, read 116,196 times
[quote=carolmcb;2965733]Well, just about 40 minutes since my last post. The sun was shinning then. Now cloudy and, yes, snowing again. It's sticking this time. At least for now.[/QUOTE

Carol I must live near you I see the same thing the sun is shinning again!!!!

Old 02-27-2008, 04:54 PM

7,534 posts, read 17,221,758 times
Wow, you guys got lots more than we did here in the Tri-Cities. Just a dusting really (with some icy roads!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee