U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2017, 07:30 PM

25 posts, read 45,237 times

Advertisements

I know there have been many threads on humidity so bare with me.

So straight to the question for the people that live in the mountains:

Is it fair to say that as far as humidity that typically most months aren't bad at all with the exception of July and August?

Looking at the dew point history that seems to be the case, but I wanted to confirm with people that actually live there. I do understand that other months will get some high dew point numbers occasionally so any comments on Spring or early fall are also welcome.

Oh, and please keep the discussion limited to mountain towns. Thanks all!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2017, 11:06 AM

12,818 posts, read 16,352,134 times
From my POV here in Bristol that is an accurate statement. To some extent how you perceive it will depend on what you are used to.
Spring can be all over the place, usually by the end of March I have windows open and they stay open until sometime in May or early June when the AC gets turned on. (OTOH Friday I was in Gatlinburg on a mountain hike and it was cold, I got snowed on for all of five minutes, lol)
Early fall is usually pretty nice. My first year here I came in late September and one of the things I liked was there was a little bit of 'crisp' in the air. I can usually get another few weeks of opens windows before I have to turn on the heat in late October or early November.
I think one of the things I like most though is that summer mornings start out relatively cool for the most part. No waking up and walking out the door into a sauna at 9AM, to me that makes a huge difference in my day.

Old 04-09-2017, 07:55 AM

14 posts, read 14,098 times
I too could agree with that. So far this spring the air reminds me exactly of fall weather, when the humidity levels are down and the sun rises and sunsets are more vivid because of the strength of the light not having to fight through haze or humidity. It will be humid during the summer months, but having lived in (to me) more humid places, the spring and fall here are wonderful. (Winter too...very mild)
And as mentioned above, the ability to open the windows much of the time during spring, summer, and fall is a bonus. The elevation helps cool things off nicely in the evenings and often there is a mild breeze to move the air so there is not that feeling of stagnation that exists in lower lying areas.

Old 04-09-2017, 05:09 PM

25 posts, read 45,237 times
Thanks. That is *exactly* the info I was looking for!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
View detailed profiles of: