Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2006, 06:57 PM

20 posts, read 78,082 times

Advertisements

Anyone have any feed back on Tullahoma or any pictures of the area? My family is looking ot relocate there July 2007. I cannot seem to find any pictures of tht town on the internet. Any feedback would e greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM

114 posts, read 602,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carinkimes View Post
Anyone have any feed back on Tullahoma or any pictures of the area? My family is looking ot relocate there July 2007. I cannot seem to find any pictures of tht town on the internet. Any feedback would e greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I used to live about 25 miles from Tullahoma. I think it is a nice town, I would guess that the population is about 20,000, and people are very friendly. There is an Air Force research facility there that employs quite a few people. Tullahoma is on a plateau and is not quite as picturesque as some other Tennessee towns, but I wouldn't hesitate to move there if I had a job there

Old 12-13-2006, 07:10 PM

Thank you for the feedback. I wont be able to visit before I move my family there so hearing from someone that has actually been there is really nice. Thanks again.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:42 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
. I cannot seem to find any pictures of tht town on the internet..
Go to the Google home page. Click on Images. Type "Tullahoma" in the search box. There are multiple pages of related photos.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:18 AM

Thank you so much LauraC. I cannot believe all this time I was searching and searching for pictures and it was that easy to find. Thanks again.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 PM

22 posts, read 121,180 times
I live in Tullahoma and we have a population of just over 20,000. We are a regional retail hub with an abundance of shopping and restraunts. We have the only enclosed mall in the regional anchored by Dillards, J.C. Pennies, Goodies, and Big-lots with plans for a TGI Friday's in the Foodcourt area. Tullahoma has one of the best city schools systems in the state and is nationally honored. We have great recreation with 7 city park, 2 Community Centers, indoor and outdoor pools, and Short Spring State Natural area which has a nature trail along the springs and a world of beautiful flowers and plants. We have a medium size quaint Downtown which is undergoing revitilization and new development over the next year. We are protect by a wonderful Police department of 50 officers and a Fire department with a staff of 32 and operates out of 2 stations. We have 7 tornado warning sirens which cover the majority of the town and gives you peace of mind to know that if you are outside you will know when a dangerous storm is approaching. We are home to AEDC the world largest wind tunnel testing facillity. Tullahoma has something for all so come and join us!!!!!

Old 12-15-2006, 12:33 AM

I am curious. You say that the population is a little over 20,000. To me that seems like a small town. I am used to the over 400,000 just in sacramento. However 20,000 is still kind of a high number. So I was wondering is it still a small town atmosphere. Do people really wave to eachother when they drive by and say hi to one another on the street? For me the only thing I see of small towns are in the movies. I see that everyone knows eachother, they say hi to everyone they see, they wave to people on their porches as they drive by, they have town meetings and everyone pitches in around the community. That is how I want my family to live. Is it like that in Tullahoma?

Old 12-15-2006, 02:56 PM

22 posts, read 121,180 times
Quote:
I am curious. You say that the population is a little over 20,000. To me that seems like a small town. I am used to the over 400,000 just in sacramento. However 20,000 is still kind of a high number. So I was wondering is it still a small town atmosphere. Do people really wave to eachother when they drive by and say hi to one another on the street? For me the only thing I see of small towns are in the movies. I see that everyone knows eachother, they say hi to everyone they see, they wave to people on their porches as they drive by, they have town meetings and everyone pitches in around the community. That is how I want my family to live. Is it like that in Tullahoma?
Yes everybody is friendly however you do have some rough housing projects with drug activity and shootings which occur everyone in a while, but the majority of Tullahoma is friendly. I am 15 years old but am very active in the community, We actually have many programs to get kids active including the Mayors youth council which meets one a month similar to the City Council which meets 2 times a month. We have great recreational facilities, and as I said we are the largest city in the area and we are a regional Retail Hub, the only city that is bigger in the region is Murfressboro which has over 80,000 people. We are the kind of town where even though we are rather large everybody knows each other we wave driving down the streets or when walking into a shopping center everybody will say hi, I do believe you will love it here and so will your family. If you every need more info on Tullahoma or need to know where something is drop me an email Moderator cut: cut. pm this info Wishing you a blessed holiday season,
Tyler Lund

Last edited by Tyler Lund; 12-15-2006 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-15-2006, 05:44 PM

oh my goodness Tyler, you are so sweet. I would be very proud if my kids spoke to people as nicely as you do when they are older. I am so excited to be moving my family there. I just wish it could be sooner. I am also looking forward to getting my children into church activities when we move. Churches here are so large and so impersonal that I do not enjoy going. Thank you so much for all of your feedback. It is fun to read each message you send. Happy Holidays to you and your family also. I hope it is a great one.

Old 12-16-2006, 08:50 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Thank you so much LauraC. I cannot believe all this time I was searching and searching for pictures and it was that easy to find. Thanks again.
There are probably more than that. When you click on some of the photos, go into those websites that display that photo.

I think Google Images sweeps the file names for the word you type in, with an image extender like jpg or bmp. That's why in addition to photos of Tullahoma Tennessee you may also get photos of someone named Joe Tullahoma at his prom in New York. Also, if the name of the place is common, for example, Oak Ridge is in Tennessee and North Carolina (and I think Minnesota and California), you might need to click on the web link that goes with the photo to make sure you are looking at photos of the city/town in your state of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee