Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 08:19 PM

24,766 posts, read 28,505,227 times

Advertisements

Every one is talking about Memorial Day A salute too all are Veterans and if you know a Vet give them a big hug..... (((((( HUG))))))) .....
Very proud to say..... I was born in Waterloo N.Y Birth place of Memorial Day.... http://bestsmileys.com/backgrounds/5.gif (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2008, 08:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Wow, SMG, that is tremendous. Staggering.

And a big hug to Tinman, our own Tennessee city-data veteran.

Thank you for all that you did.

Old 05-24-2008, 07:16 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Wow, SMG, that is tremendous. Staggering.

And a big hug to Tinman, our own Tennessee city-data veteran.

Thank you for all that you did.
Hik, yep it is. I am sure I never would have made it through basic training. My kids grandfather that is still alive that was shot down is divorced from their grandmother. She likes to make jokes that the military was too good in rescuing him as the alternative would have saved her a lot of emotional pain over the years!

I really admire people that will give themselves to our country.

((((Tinman and other Vets))))

Okay, back to topic. Where were we, whining? I am sure I have something to add to that!!

Old 05-24-2008, 07:24 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hik, yep it is. I am sure I never would have made it through basic training. My kids grandfather that is still alive that was shot down is divorced from their grandmother. She likes to make jokes that the military was too good in rescuing him as the alternative would have saved her a lot of emotional pain over the years!

I really admire people that will give themselves to our country.

((((Tinman and other Vets))))

Okay, back to topic. Where were we, whining? I am sure I have something to add to that!!
Well, I don't particularly feel like whining after that. I think I'll take Lauren to swimming lessons and be grateful for my life.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:45 AM

24,766 posts, read 28,505,227 times
Back to whining...... Next time your out and about in your Town or City check out how the American Flag is displayed. Or watch a little TV and see how they display the flag....
I noticed at my local Post Office how they display the flag. On the pole just below the state flag...... After several dozen letters to the postal department Washington got that corrected, now at the end of the day the clerk comes out and grabs the flag rolls it up in a ball and throw it in the broom closet...!!
Remember how the flag is suppose to be displayed from the link below. And start raising cane when it's not displayed correctly.

Flag Rules and Regulations

Old 05-24-2008, 08:54 AM

16,175 posts, read 32,478,600 times
This thread is a continuation, sprout off really, from this thread: Let me whine for a minute here please

Old 05-24-2008, 09:10 AM

270 posts, read 796,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Back to whining...... Next time your out and about in your Town or City check out how the American Flag is displayed. Or watch a little TV and see how they display the flag....
I noticed at my local Post Office how they display the flag. On the pole just below the state flag...... After several dozen letters to the postal department Washington got that corrected, now at the end of the day the clerk comes out and grabs the flag rolls it up in a ball and throw it in the broom closet...!!
Remember how the flag is suppose to be displayed from the link below. And start raising cane when it's not displayed correctly.

Flag Rules and Regulations
Rolling up our flag and throwing it in a closet! That is awful!!! It's also sad to see worn and torn flags displayed

Old 05-24-2008, 10:12 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,174 times
A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OUR MEN AND WOMEN WHO ARE AND HAVE SERVED OUR GREAT COUNTRY!!!!!!! Please know that you are loved and appreciated and always in our prayers. And to all the families of our military who sacrifice so much, remember you are also in our prayers.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:59 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,174 times
Hello Everyone....

I have literally spent all day trying to get a link on here for a Memorial Day video tribute which I think is incredible. Unfortunately I can not get a link to work. So if you will please take just a moment of your time and follow these instructions you will be able to view this...It is worth your time.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. once there in the search space for videos put in the following
praise you in the storm-casting crowns
The video will be the first one and was created by jkstaro9, and says God Bless Our Troops. You can then click on the picture and watch the video. There is a place for comments which you can place if you care to. I really wanted to make this available to everyone, sorry I couldn't get you a direct link.

YouTube - Praise You In This Storm-Casting Crowns

Yeah!!!!!...since I still have time to edit, see link from irreplaceable below. And thank you very much irreplaceable!!!!

By the way, this isn't one of the tearjerkers. It's just a really nice tribute to our military. And please do remember to keep them and their familes in your prayers....always.

Last edited by fallfanatic; 05-26-2008 at 09:28 PM.. Reason: one more attempt for a link & a thanks

Old 05-26-2008, 08:28 PM

270 posts, read 796,231 times

YouTube - Praise You In This Storm - Casting Crowns

Here you go fallfanatic. Thanks, it's a nice video to share with everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee