Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 PM

25 posts, read 46,115 times

Advertisements

Trying to move near Lebanon or Murfreesboro. Anyone have suggestions what area we might find a home (Under $140000-3BR/2BA-not manufactured) on decent acreage allowing horses and are there any problems getting home owners insurance because of owning rottweilers? Driving 30 minutes or so to town is OK. From what I see by reading responces to other posts; The people and schools seem wonderful!! Need advice and I thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 10:54 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
I would have answered you, but I don't know anything about the area.

I'm wondering if there is maybe not anything like that in your price range?

You might want to try "googling" the local paper for that area.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:03 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,946,186 times
Yeah I think trying to find a conventional 3BR/2BA home on acreage around Lebanon or Murfreesboro for less than $140k is asking the impossible. You might try looking up real estate agents in the area to see what they have to say. I wish I could be more helpful.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Default Thanks for responding

I have been researching the area home prices and found some within that price range but not knowing the area it's hard to decide if it's a nice area or not. Just want info from residents to see if it's something to check out in person. Can't seem to get info on the high schools on greatschool.com other than the enrollement stats. But as said before, from reading the posts the schools seem ok. Really want to know about Homeowners Insurance owning a rottweiler. Any rottweiler owner's that can help with that one??

Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,630,018 times
Try realtracs, the Tennessean (newspaper) website, or contact a realtor. Those are your best bets, rather than depending on our guesses.

Good luck. I know it can be frustrating when planning a move.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:49 AM

Default Let's talk about the area

Thanks so much for the advice so far but let's put the real estate home prices aside for a moment...I'm looking for resident's opinions about the areas of Murfreesboro and Lebanon. Those won't be guesses but actual knowledge about how ppl like living there. Any neighborhoods to stay away from? What is the grocery store you shop at? Do most residents like horses and dogs? Anything that will give me a feel for the area would be great!!

Old 01-06-2007, 04:07 PM

408 posts, read 1,977,582 times
Do you need to be near both areas or are you just mentioning the two? It would be more likely that you would find something in that price range away from those cities. These days in M'boro they will put a house or store on any piece of land and it is not likely you will find something with land- unless you look for something older. Since you mentioned that you found a few within your price range, could you post them- or pm me. In M'boro Blackman and Seigel are supposed to be really good schools. I did not go to high school there and I have no kids, but that is what I heard from other people.
I didn't know that having a certain type of dog could increase one's homeowner insurance. I have no idea on that one. When we bought our house and found insurance, dogs were not part of the questions asked. Maybe someone else knows that one.
Horses and dogs are pretty big around the area. A lot of people keep them in apartments out there (around the university). Some people with horses have to board them. My second cousin and her family have horses boarded in Lebanon because they don't have the land to keep them. Some people had their horses boarded at MTSU. They moved the horse barn so I'm not exactly sure how it is now. When it was at the school, I saw people drop off their horses and pick them up. They have some horse shows as well as shows for other animals. Students care for the horses and there are cows somewhere too. The school uses the cows for it's milk.
As far as grocery stores, there is Kroger, Bi-lo, Food Lion, and Super Walmart. I hear there will be a Publix too.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Home in Lebanon & Dog Rules

insanesmooch...I hope you can give me some insight about a home I found at 4640 Murfreesboro rd, Lebanon (MLS# 780819). Now let me share a little info with you regarding dog types and insurance

http://www.akc.org/insurance/insurance_chart0702.cfm

It's becoming a VERY big issue and unfair to dog owners of good dogs. The last time I checked - ALL dogs have teeth and can bite if not raised properly.

Old 01-06-2007, 05:52 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,270,401 times
Well, can I give you some moral support? I think Rottys are just big love sponges!

Old 01-06-2007, 05:59 PM

Default Love my rotties

hiknapster...Thanks for your comforting remark...If you were a Homeowner's Insurance agent...I'd hug you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee