Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 PM

16,176 posts, read 32,481,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
Hubill70 - I was up in October and the road is complete out to Nickajack. The only thing you have to be careful of is because it is a construction site, they pull a cable (and lock it!) across the road at closing time. You just want to get in there early enough that they don't lock you in...like it happened to me. Fortunately, I only had to wait a few minutes before someone putting in septic systems showed up with a key.

Now by complete, I mean it is gravel and not paved yet. Very passable and easy to drive.
Does this development have some sort of message board or online group, etc. so that these type of informational posts can be shared within that particular group of people? I would think that in the development stage it would be helpful to hear what road is in, etc. and then to do meet and greets and post neighborly info.

Just a thought.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:34 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Does this development have some sort of message board or online group, etc. so that these type of informational posts can be shared within that particular group of people? I would think that in the development stage it would be helpful to hear what road is in, etc. and then to do meet and greets and post neighborly info.

Just a thought.
SMGal - That's a great thought, but to my knowledge it does not. Until I found this forum, I didn't know where to get the info from and fortunately I have met (online) several posters who are in the same boat as I. 700 miles away(or greater) and wanting to keep some tabs on how this is developing. Additionally, a few of the posters not associated with SP but in the Chatt area, I definitely want to meet due to their interests and how welcoming and informative they've been. I believe I'll have several friends in this area once we make the move.

I can call the developer and inquire about the message board.

Now the other reason I love this forum is all of the great info that everyone shares, the pictures, the laughs, etc. I think 99% of us here have the mentality that this great state has something for us all, a beautiful topography and landscape, the four seasons, and a little slower pace. Originally from the midwest, I've lived in Florida for 22 years and I'm excited about the future when it is our time to proudly call ourselves halfbacks!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:48 AM

32 posts, read 113,364 times
Great to hear about the road complete out to Nickajack. I plan to be going up in about 6 to 8 weeks so when I go I'll take a few pictures for all to see. Excellent idea about the message board. Actually, I own a business technology firm so can assist in hosting such a board. I'll call the developer and see if that would be acceptable and, if so, how they would like to do this. Excellent idea and I will see what I can find out.!!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:45 AM

35 posts, read 204,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear34 View Post
SMGal - That's a great thought, but to my knowledge it does not. Until I found this forum, I didn't know where to get the info from and fortunately I have met (online) several posters who are in the same boat as I. 700 miles away(or greater) and wanting to keep some tabs on how this is developing. Additionally, a few of the posters not associated with SP but in the Chatt area, I definitely want to meet due to their interests and how welcoming and informative they've been. I believe I'll have several friends in this area once we make the move.

I can call the developer and inquire about the message board.

Now the other reason I love this forum is all of the great info that everyone shares, the pictures, the laughs, etc. I think 99% of us here have the mentality that this great state has something for us all, a beautiful topography and landscape, the four seasons, and a little slower pace. Originally from the midwest, I've lived in Florida for 22 years and I'm excited about the future when it is our time to proudly call ourselves halfbacks!
Curious to here what they say. I've email them before. They have never answered back. They do answer the phone though. They already have a web site. I wouldn't think it would be to much to add a message board for the people who have purchased there.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:25 PM

32 posts, read 113,364 times
jtnbound,

So you are aware Grizzlybear34 and I have had a few communications with Sequatchie Pointe on this topic over the last week or so and when we have additional information we will pass that along. Just wanted you to know that they do answer the phone and respond to emails. I have always had good experiences when I communicate with them and this was equally enjoyable.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 PM

Great always eager to here of any progress being made. If they could post any pics would be assume. Trying to go up in January or maybe even the last week of December. Depends on the business work really dies off last week of December.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:19 AM

JTN - I sent you a direct message earlier on my plans for January. Looks like I'll be up there the weekend of 1/18. I am planning on meeting up with a few of the posters from here as well as siting my lot. I am hoping that there will be several of us there. Also, if you are interested, I have a list of phone numbers and email addresses that get answered. Tammy at JJ Detweiller is about as helpful as anyone that I have come across.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Griz that would be great. I haven't been around to check the posts much lately. My business has really taken off these last 2 months. Either the construction down turn is changing or Santas giving me an early Christmas. I'm trying to plan on coming up in January also. But at the rate were going I'm not sure I'll be able to get away. If you could dm me the info I would appreciate it. If I can't make it hope you post some pics. Always egar to see progress of the development.

Last edited by jtnbound; 12-07-2007 at 10:06 PM.. Reason: miss spelled word

Old 12-17-2007, 01:32 PM

11 posts, read 40,617 times
Smile The most beautiful picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Can't imagine why anyone would want to live in a place like this. :-)

I have to say this is the most beautiful picture I have ever seen. I can't hardly wait until we can go to our property and see a scene like that.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Woodland - Those were my exact sentiments to TnHilltopper. Just amazing! Should be on a calendar...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee