Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 04:27 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,429,742 times

Advertisements

I'm east TN, but further west than the rest of you - McMinnville area. Hubby went into the store - said it was cool, but comfortable. Came out and said it felt like the temp dropped about 20 degrees!! Said wind was howling and snow was really coming down!! I work in Nashville and as usual we didn't get diddly. Bummer.

Gorgeous pictures!!

Hey guys - I'm FL - TN. We need a FL - TN thread dedicated to us!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 06:46 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,321,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyLois View Post
It totally melted, but now it's snowing again. I wonder if school will be cancelled tomorrow .....
My son was just praying for snow hahahahhahahah He wants off school tomorrow too! I hope not, I have to drive to Greeneville in the morning

Old 01-09-2007, 09:23 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
ColdCanadian, I SOOO agree with you and wish it would snow that much here just one good time a year! hahahhaha I grew up in CT. My children were born in FL but have been here in East TN most of their lives, I feel like I am cheating them out of all the fun I had growing up in New England with all the snow days, ice skating, sledding and snowmobiles.

But then I think about life all the rest of the year and VERY glad we live here hahahahaha.

*About being "cheated" out of snow, the best thing to me would be to take a vacation somewhere cold and snowy instead of move there, unless one isn't too concerned with an absense of warmth in spring, fall or even sometimes summer.

*And there's the kicker...

We see a foot of snow on the ground every winter, usually several times but we can be kinda cold and raw, (between 40-55 F and overcast) for almost our entire autmn and half of spring very easily.

We've probably gone 7.5 months without a single day at or above 60 F.
In cooler years, we can have less than 3 full months where highs can get above 70 F.

Oh and if you live in the city, days off school from snow almost never happen;
I've trudged through 18 inches of fresh snow because my highschool wasn't closed.
Took me 45 minutes when it normally took 25.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:43 PM

381 posts, read 1,685,855 times
OHHH! I'm so jealous! It only just got below the 70's here, and will probably be back in the 80's next week. Honestly, I just don't get how so many people can like the weather down here so much. It's fine for vacationing, but to me it stinks for day-to-day living. But that's just me.

For now I'll just dream of drinking hot chocolate sitting by a warm fire, watching the snowflakes accumulate on the frosty window - while I sit under my air conditioning.

~Kristina

Old 01-10-2007, 02:58 AM

665 posts, read 1,926,200 times
i am jealous, I live in jersey and we have had no real snow last yr or this yr so far!Your pictures are beautiful. I will be hopefully moving to tennesee in a yr or so, I llok forward to such beauty!

Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 AM

92 posts, read 368,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
Nice pictures! I haven't seen snow in 8 years- and missed it- truly beautiful!.

sunny.
I Haven't seen snow in 3 1/2 years I love the pictures. The one good thing about living in TN it melts soon after, unlike upstate NY. Can not wait to move to TN!!! Got to get out of FL I hate it here.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:22 AM

92 posts, read 368,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
OHHH! I'm so jealous! It only just got below the 70's here, and will probably be back in the 80's next week. Honestly, I just don't get how so many people can like the weather down here so much. It's fine for vacationing, but to me it stinks for day-to-day living. But that's just me.

For now I'll just dream of drinking hot chocolate sitting by a warm fire, watching the snowflakes accumulate on the frosty window - while I sit under my air conditioning.

~Kristina
I am with you SunshineBaby. day in and day out it is the same in Fl, I live in Punta Gorda. It's so boring the nice weather all the time. I yearn for brisk days! I can't wait till my husband and I move to TN.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:59 AM

9,589 posts, read 27,808,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineBaby View Post
When I was 8 years old one day in mid-March I couldn't figure out why I felt happy after school.

Then I noticed that it was strangely and excessively bright outside.

It took me about a half a minute to realize that it was sunshine that I was looking at,
that I'd forgotten what sunshine looked like and that sunshine could make me feel happy.

I tried to recall the last time I saw a single day with sun and it was between late November to early January.

Given the choice, obviously I'd prefer nice, boring weather everyday than this sun-starved refridgerator/freezer I live in 6-9 months a year.

Last edited by ColdCanadian; 01-10-2007 at 08:33 AM..

Old 01-10-2007, 09:45 AM

381 posts, read 1,685,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
When I was 8 years old one day in mid-March I couldn't figure out why I felt happy after school.

Then I noticed that it was strangely and excessively bright outside.

It took me about a half a minute to realize that it was sunshine that I was looking at,
that I'd forgotten what sunshine looked like and that sunshine could make me feel happy.

I tried to recall the last time I saw a single day with sun and it was between late November to early January.

Given the choice, obviously I'd prefer nice, boring weather everyday than this sun-starved refridgerator/freezer I live in 6-9 months a year.

Well, I would probably prefer it, too Cold gets old as well as heat. What's nice is when it actually changes from season to season...

Old 01-10-2007, 11:02 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
The autumn is beautiful here also. And I have not seen that in a long time- not enough trees in metro NY areas-lol.

sunny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee