U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-11-2007, 09:35 AM

3 posts, read 14,588 times
Talking Chatanooga Area

I'm currently living in SW Florida and am looking to relocate to TN. I am looking for an area on the outtskirts of Chatanooga. I would like to be near the mountains and water. I don't want to be inside city limits but I also don't want to be 60 miles away from a decent size city. I would like to be fairly close to shopping, an airport and hospitals. My wife is a nurse so her being within 25 miles of work is important. I also want to be in a low crime area with good schools as we have a school age child. We currenttly live in a gated community tha was suppose to be family orientaned and kid friendly. It turned out to be anything but that. So needless to say if we were to move into a subdivision or gated community we would want to be sure it is TRULY kid friendly and a fairly younger community. Were not partiers but were young enough to not want to be in a retirement community. Can anyone give me some ideas of what areas are good?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 10:54 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,870,605 times
Default Signal mtn-New School,etc

N.C. Welcome to the board, via halfback. A new school was announced for Signal mtn so you really need to get re-zoning info from a real estate agent on a specific neighborhood. I would mention the stuff on NORTH side of the city more upscale. West side,up top, desirable Signal mtn. I had posted last month about 25% of Hamilton co students now going Private School route as serious about better education. Believe 50 of these private schools in County, so unable to rate each.
River water twists all thru county and mountains surround all 360 degrees of the city. Try attach picture. Again north side (HIXON) just announce $20 million Medical park, so always growing for your wife.[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-11-2007, 06:04 PM

21,595 posts, read 29,623,312 times
Maybe you want to stay away from gated communities? I lived in southwest Florida. It is snowbird hell. And I think that subidivisions are sucking the life-blood from neighborhoods. Too exclusive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee