Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 07:00 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,552,920 times

Advertisements

seriously now, tylerlund see if you can get us a few pics of the place as i do have to swing thru there & winchester later this year.

I kinda like the area, runnin on 24 monteagle split allways enjoyable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 11:08 AM

8 posts, read 35,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee View Post
seriously now, tylerlund see if you can get us a few pics of the place as i do have to swing thru there & winchester later this year.

I kinda like the area, runnin on 24 monteagle split allways enjoyable.
I will get some pics soon.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:31 PM

48 posts, read 184,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibblessed View Post
I know a great church...it is The Pentecostals of Murfreesboro....in Murfreesboro...down the road...
You wont find a better...it is just awesome.....!! Come visit us if you can...and then you just might move!
Is Murfreesboro scenic like further east? Can you even see the mountains
in Murfreesboro? I wanted to move to Tennessee and be able to go to Tony Hutson's church but didn't think the scenery in Murfreesboro would be as beautiful as further east. What do you think?

Old 01-15-2007, 03:19 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLiz View Post
Is Murfreesboro scenic like further east? Can you even see the mountains
in Murfreesboro? I wanted to move to Tennessee and be able to go to Tony Hutson's church but didn't think the scenery in Murfreesboro would be as beautiful as further east. What do you think?
I can honestly say that I have never heard the words "Murfreesboro" and "scenery" before in the same sentence. Murfreesboro's a nice enough place--it's growing like wildfire, so it must be decent. But it is nowhere near mountains, and in fact there aren't that many hills around there, either, at least nothing like you have farther east.

For the record, that whole area around Nashville is in what's geographically known as the "Nashville Basin" which means it's pretty flat, at least compared to the rest of the state (except the area around the Mississippi River).

Compared to Florida, Murfreesboro is pretty hilly. But compared to Knoxville or Chattanooga or the Tri Cities, Murfreesboro is pretty flat.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:25 PM

48 posts, read 184,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I can honestly say that I have never heard the words "Murfreesboro" and "scenery" before in the same sentence.
Thanks for your honest reply. I had enough "flat" for the rest of my life being born and raised in Nebraska I love the Smokies......I wish I had the bucks to take a nice slow cruise through the eastern area before I make a move there.

Old 01-15-2007, 03:35 PM

13,352 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLiz View Post
Thanks for your honest reply. I had enough "flat" for the rest of my life being born and raised in Nebraska I love the Smokies......I wish I had the bucks to take a nice slow cruise through the eastern area before I make a move there.
Well compared to Nebraska, Murfreesboro might be pretty hilly for you!

And if you really want to be in the Nashville area, the area just south of Nashville has a lot more hills: Brentwood, Franklin, Thompson's Station, essentially all of Williamson County. Not surprisingly, that's also one of the 15 wealthiest counties in the nation and has Tennessee's most expensive real estate...

Old 07-01-2007, 01:20 PM

3 posts, read 8,653 times
Default To Tullahoma from Roanoke?

I'm an excellent candidate for a job in Tullahoma and believe I stand a chance at being offered the position. I want to come home (TN is my home state, and my family is close to Chatt.) I have a TERRIFIC job in Roanoke, VA. As badly as I want to return to TN, I'm afraid I'll regret leaving what is here. Tullahoma seems so small....and no mountains. No convenient shopping? I think I would miss so much, but at least I would be less home sick.

Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 AM

6 posts, read 19,092 times
I've lived in Tullahoma most of my life. As with most places, when the population grows so does the crime rate. It's my opinion that Tullahoma's crime rate isn't any worse than any other town this size. You'll find the east side of town a little more of a problem than the rest of the town. My kids said the gangs were starting to take hold at the high school. I've not heard a lot of bad things about the schools in general.
If you aren't lazy and want to work, their's a wide variety of options here. You are close to Lynchburg where the Jack Daniels distillery is. And Tullahoma has its own, George Dickel. Their's a small college just outside town called Motlow community.
I suppose all I'm saying, is Tullahoma isn't the worst place I've ever lived, but it's not the best either. I'd do more investigating before I made that leap though if I were you.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
Hello Iam trying to get some information on the Tullahoma area. I have found alot of information about alot of the area homes sinking. Can someone give me some other information on this situation. We are also retired military, with 4 children. How Close is military base?

Thank You
Kim C.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:13 PM

14 posts, read 37,632 times
Hey there. I'd like to revitalize this thread. We're relocating to TN within the year and looking for some updates on how the Tullahoma area is doing nowadays. Special interest in the Coffee/Franklin Counties & surrounding area & Arnold AFB. We're looking at homes with a substantial amount of land that we'll be bringing our Horses, Dog, Cat, Chickens, etc. to love & thrive with us. Great churches in the area (I currently go to a Christian Church) and activities for teens in the area would be an added bonus. Thank you!

Last edited by luvv4life; 05-19-2016 at 08:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee