U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
11,711 posts, read 11,276,468 times
Reputation: 12458
On your awning... You had the one on the MH. Why not use that till you figure out what you want to do. Just a suggestion.......

Krylon Paint make very sure the plastic is super clean. The oil from your hands can mess it up... wash with mild soap and water, and make sure it's very dry....

 
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 PM
 
Location: Tennessee bound...someday
2,516 posts, read 2,911,935 times
Reputation: 7050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinman313 View Post
Krylon Paint make very sure the plastic is super clean. The oil from your hands can mess it up... wash with mild soap and water, and make sure it's very dry....

Yes....we used a stiff brush and rinsed the pieces 3 times, then let air dry. The instructions will tell you that.
If anything (dirt, soap residue, oil, etc.) remains on the piece, the paint doesn't adhere as well to that spot.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 05:05 AM
 
Location: Back Home In TN…YAY:):)
15,809 posts, read 15,513,529 times
Reputation: 72422
Thank you both for the info about the Krylon paint. I've seen it but I didn't know how well it worked. Another neat thing I saw was Formica paint. So if you have an outdated or bad counter it would be an easy fix to spruce it up or change the color. Well, I thought it was a good piece of info to stow away, lol.

I checked Big Lots but no luck there. I will try Fred's today.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 AM
 
Location: Northeast Kansas
22 posts, read 142,091 times
Reputation: 65
Lisa,

I'm still enjoying your story. One way to cut the metal sheets is to take a circular saw with an old worn out blade. Turn the blade backward and it works great for cutting the metal.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 11:45 AM
 
Location: 'Shangri-La 'mountains west of Wolf Creek, Oregon
12,312 posts, read 8,407,364 times
Reputation: 7708
(tree on island by pond) sometimes i put branches in my pond to provide cover fer fry/fingerling fish................


Everything looks Reel Great sis&bro L&M............................March ON.......................................... ................................ .............


it's bean pretty warm fishin' out on the lakes in the boat...
 
Old 07-14-2009, 12:29 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow in "OZ "
11,711 posts, read 11,276,468 times
Reputation: 12458
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Thank you both for the info about the Krylon paint. I've seen it but I didn't know how well it worked. Another neat thing I saw was Formica paint. So if you have an outdated or bad counter it would be an easy fix to spruce it up or change the color. Well, I thought it was a good piece of info to stow away, lol.

I checked Big Lots but no luck there. I will try Fred's today.
Another interesting paint from Krylon. Find terracotta flower pots and use this product...

Krylon: Products: Make It Stone!® Textured Paints
 
Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Arizona
106 posts, read 200,731 times
Reputation: 135
We got some Adirondack style resin chairs (with foot rests) at Target. That was about three years ago and they have held up great in the Arizona sun. They might not be exactly what you are looking for, but they only cost about $20.00. If your store doesn't have them, ask if they can order them for you.

I love them because I can just hit them with a blast from the hose and they clean right up. They are light and they stack for storage
 
Old 07-14-2009, 10:36 PM
 
17 posts, read 32,699 times
Reputation: 21
The property there is really coming along and the grass looks like you can hardly believe that was all muddy before. The front view in the last pics looks good but I'm starting to worry about the look. I'm starting to expect that the next batch of pics you post are going to have a Minuteman missile shooting out of your roof! Any other plans to make it less "utilitarian" out front?

Also, tell Mike don't paint "No Trespassing." That's like an instant invitation for people to wonder "Hmm.. I wonder what's so good in there that they have to tell people to keep out."

Tell him to paint "Trespassing." People will stay out for sure.
 
Old 07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
 
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
10,713 posts, read 6,462,460 times
Reputation: 20466
Hey my friends! Everything is looking good - real good! Personally, I don't "see" a minuteman missile" shooting out of anything - but perhaps someone's opinion.

Love ya - mean it!

Kat
 
Old 07-16-2009, 05:47 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
18 posts, read 99,603 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaiting2012 View Post
The property there is really coming along and the grass looks like you can hardly believe that was all muddy before. The front view in the last pics looks good but I'm starting to worry about the look. I'm starting to expect that the next batch of pics you post are going to have a Minuteman missile shooting out of your roof! Any other plans to make it less "utilitarian" out front?

Also, tell Mike don't paint "No Trespassing." That's like an instant invitation for people to wonder "Hmm.. I wonder what's so good in there that they have to tell people to keep out."

Tell him to paint "Trespassing." People will stay out for sure.
How about something to the effect, "Survivors will be prosecuted!"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top