Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2009, 05:41 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times

Advertisements

TheGeezers- Good morning and thank you for posting. I love it here during the Spring. It's wonderful to look at and just see nature. We do have a lot of things blooming and it is really beautiful unfortunately I don't know the names. Maybe I should take some pictures so you can all help me out.

Josh- I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. So, when are you moving here, lol?

Catmom- Thank you for the info on the "Killdeer" birds. There are so much wildlife here and I just don't know the names. So glad you wrote in to help me out.

mOOse- We are so excited to "finally" get some of the finishing jobs done on the front of the house. We had to wait until all the big equipment was finished before we could start. I don't think we will do a pergola but we haven't decided on the dressing up for the patio yet.

The cement pumper "should" have had no trouble getting to the top. Last year they got the big truck with the boom on it up to the top. Of course that was pre-ditch lines.

piperspal- I will try and get some picks of the baby chicks but they scatter so quickly. They are nervous little birds. I will be able to get some of the baby geese when they are born.

I'm so glad you got to learn something just as I got to learn from Catmom. It's all good if we can enjoy and learn things together.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:48 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
What a great read, Lisa--the last installment. I always feel like I'm standing beside you and experiencing every pain, gain and/or thrill as I read your detailed story. Last week was probably one of the more nerve-wracking in your entire story. Perhaps Mike is right--something happens for a reason. Nothing much worse than crooked walls. Hope the weather is more cooperative this week. Always look forward to reading your story.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:41 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,071,873 times
Wow....Lisa y'all had a very upsetting week...but alls well that ends well.... Things are coming together....

I was wondering why y'all didn't have the ends of the wings moved forward a few feet so there isn't as much backfill dirt pressing against a straight wall....

Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times
The eggs are Quail ...... Fun with concrete did you put your foot or hand print or a date in it ?? Looking good

Old 06-01-2009, 04:18 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,612,023 times
[quote=younglisa7;9078359]

Josh- I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. So, when are you moving here, lol?
[quote]

[LEFT]Loved the nice long update, Lisa!

Errr, I want to move down soon. It's just a matter of saving money to move and finding a job and possibly a school. [/LEFT]

Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
YLisa even with all the drama you went through you still seem to have gotten it done with no major frictions. Tell Mike he looks fit & fabulous putting up that fence at the other place. You both did very well indeed proud of both of you.

Did Niki think you guys were going on a big road trip moving back to the coach?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:05 PM

235 posts, read 774,241 times
Mike& LIsa I ll say it again "Yall Rock"!!!! Love what Yall are doing! last but not least I LOVE the pics of the sun set!! would love to sit down and paint a pic just like it!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:07 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,394,464 times
Suzanne-You are right, although I wasn't happy about some of the chaos at least we don't have crooked walls, lol. That would have been a disaster.

Bones- We had the walls poured and tied in with our original front walls. We did this in hopes of more insulation around the house for heat and coolness. Don't worry by the time we are really finished it will all look good.

Josh- Glad you enjoyed.

Jaxson- Wow you made Mike's day with your "fit and fabulous", lol. That's so funny you mentioned Niki and the motorhome. She was so, so excited when she saw her bed going inside. She ran right up the stairs and just waited. I think she likes it because we are all so close together.

Tinman- You know I forgot to put a "Mike and Lisa" in the concrete. I think I'll have to leave a copy of our story with this house for after we die. It might be cool if future, hopefully very far off future, owners could see this whole process.

southerfried- Thank you. We are lucky to have so many pretty sky pictures. Do you paint?

Old 06-02-2009, 09:21 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Tinman- You know I forgot to put a "Mike and Lisa" in the concrete. I think I'll have to leave a copy of our story with this house for after we die. It might be cool if future, hopefully very far off future, owners could see this whole process.
If you're going to leave a copy for future owners, why not a time capsule with this story in it?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:55 PM

24,768 posts, read 28,523,474 times

Time capsule... a piece of 6 inch PVC with caps glued on. Put the manuscript ( CD Disc ) inside and date it. bury it next to the out side wall.....

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 06-02-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee