Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,402,615 times

Advertisements

I've been lurking and reading this fantastic story. Thank you for the inspiration to go out and get what you want!!! you 2 & Nikki are awesome. Congratulations!!! Enjoy your life off the grid.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:54 PM

363 posts, read 583,219 times
What a thrill ride. Thank you for taking us along.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
WOWAddict- I am so glad you found our story enjoyable. You are so right...I'm sure we can all go into someone else's house and say "why did they do that?" That's what makes us all unique...good or bad, lol.

Please help, anyone, if I do this wrong. I've only subscribed to one thread before, lol.

How to subscribe to a thread.

Go to the top right of the Thread page. You will see Thread tools...click on it. Then click subscribe to thread and follow the prompts.

This is also a link that might help.
Subscribing to Threads, and Custom User Title

Anyone else? Tek...Beretta? Help, lol.
You did great! When someone posts on a thread, like I am doing right now, you can go down below the posting box and look at "additional options". Then go to "Thread Subscription" and using the drop down box click on the notification that you want (email, DM, etc.). That's all that there is to it!

Old 06-30-2010, 09:44 PM

668 posts, read 2,186,769 times
WOW, Its been THAT long, eh?

Figures, I have been laxed for a few weeks in reading, since I have been busy with life and all it has to offer, and just got back tonight to see that you have left us, and continued on with living... The Good Life!

Well, let me add my two and a half cents in for the collection plate

I wish you, YoungLisa and Mike and Nikki all the good fortunes that may come your way...

May your Trials and Tribulations, be that it will make life "interesting" and not cumbersome...

I have been thoroughly entertained by this thread, and have learned a lot from the things that you and mike have gone out of your way to bring to us weekly.

Though, I have no desire to ever get to Tennessee, (my cousin has been wanting me to visit him outside of Memphis for years, and I dont have the 'traveling bug' anymore LOL), I am pleased to know that the Moutaintops will be under control in yer neck of the woods ...

I wish you well....

Jesse

Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 AM

3 posts, read 12,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
You did great! When someone posts on a thread, like I am doing right now, you can go down below the posting box and look at "additional options". Then go to "Thread Subscription" and using the drop down box click on the notification that you want (email, DM, etc.). That's all that there is to it!
got it...thanks.
Diane

Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 AM
Gue

24,118 posts, read 10,140,887 times
Just got back from camping & Want to say Hi!!

I'm so glad that all the big projects are completed! Wish I could make a cup of mint tea for you & make you relax & enjoy the views! LOL!

Now get out that fishing pole & good luck!

It was so much fun to become your friend & visit you! I'll be looking forward to your updates!!

Hugs & kisses to Niki!!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,719 times
Wow, I can't believe this day has finally come. Ive been following your thread for two years. Love all the weekly stories and photos. You guys sure know how to keep busy. Now make some time to enjoy it all.
God Bless,

Never did figure out how to find your Florida Thread. Could you point me in the right direction?

Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,426,125 times
cassy, I'm a mere follower of Lisa's awesome posts but, if you dont mind, I'll post the link to her Florida remodel. I have it memorized:

Our Flip House......A Weekly Story

Old 07-03-2010, 02:31 PM

182 posts, read 780,142 times
WELL , 2 YRs . . and next week , july 8 will be our 2 yr anniversary IN TN. . so You guys were one of the first people i met ...
It has been a great journey . still say you should be a Writer (among all your other abilities) and write a book about this wonderful Adventure .and it definitely has been an adventure. for you guys , and Me and all the others that wait each week with bated breath so see whats' happened recently .
i wish you all the BESt . . you're a great Person Lisa .. and very good with words . .
take care of yourselves . .and know that you have a LOTTA friends here in tn . .
i will keep checking back in to see if you return to fla this winter.. and start posting all over again . im sure we'll ALL be there.

God Bless you . . jeanne and Harry .

Old 07-03-2010, 11:05 PM

293 posts, read 909,623 times
Lisa, I just read this quote from you:
Now I have a few things to say about the real estate market in general during the early 2000's to the mid 2000's. There was a lot of greed and free money out there that should have never happened. Take your pick of who to blame. We can start with no regulation on the banks and Wall Street. Then add in that our president was saying (not a direct quote) "everyone deserves or should have a house" which is so wrong. We seemed to have forgotten if you can't afford something then I'm sorry but you don't deserve it. There was also a lack of education in finances. Many people were signing mortgage papers and taking out home equities without knowing the consequences which we see now as a disaster for many. It was a time of pure craziness and it should never have happened to the extent that it did. The problem was too many people were making money and a lot of people foolishly thought it would never end. Does everyone remember the stock market at the end of the 90's? We should have learned. If things go up so fast on phonie money then you can be sure of a crash. Mike and I tried to warn many people back then to get out. Sell. The prices are going up too fast. Realtors and neighbors all thought we were crazy. They literally laughed at us."

I have to say you guys are brilliant. You defined the problem exactly. It seems like every once in a while this country has to go through some kind of craze that ends up badly. There was the real estate craze, the Dot Com stock market craze, the Beanie Babie craze, the baseball card craze, the multi-level marketing craze, and I'm sure a lot more I'm missing. I wasn't around back in the 1920's, but from what I have read the Great Depression was caused by the stock market buying-on-margin craze of that decade. I wonder what the next craze will be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee