Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 05:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,391,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmanjay View Post
Lisa and Mike,
I found your forum last year and have enjoyed it very much. I will retire a second time in 10 years and hope to head to the Tennessee Mountains, I have started researching the different towns and communities in Eastern Tennessee to see what out of the way place would provide the best area to live in. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the information and insight on living off the grid.

Thank you for stopping by.

Good luck in your search.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:15 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,682,072 times
On your shed you could install one of those spinning turbine vents like they have on chicken barns. They come in all sizes and spin with the wind. It will keep your shed below ambient temperature so it won't be like an oven in there.

http://www.bvc.com/Sell%20Sheets/Wind%20Turbines.pdf

Old 06-06-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
On your shed you could install one of those spinning turbine vents like they have on chicken barns. They come in all sizes and spin with the wind. It will keep your shed below ambient temperature so it won't be like an oven in there.

http://www.bvc.com/Sell%20Sheets/Wind%20Turbines.pdf
Thank you for the link. So far so good in there

Old 06-18-2012, 09:31 PM

235 posts, read 774,143 times
Lisa& Mike I see ya are still getting after it!! Things look good! Keep It Up,Hey Mike I may have to call on Ya when I get up that way!

Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfried View Post
Lisa& Mike I see ya are still getting after it!! Things look good! Keep It Up,Hey Mike I may have to call on Ya when I get up that way!
Yes we are. There are always projects to do. Mike has doubled our solar system and we have been back to the cutting wood edition of our lives.

Happy travels.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 4,726 times
No, no, wait, that can't be the end!!!!!

I've been taking moments to read for weeks now. Whenever I need motivation in this goshawful East Tennessee SCORCHING summer, I come in, get a tall glass of water, read a little of Mike and Lisa, and get motivated to go back outside. Look what they accomplish. You don't see them complaining. So move your blankety-blank and get something done!

I've really enjoyed your Off the Grid blog, and I have to say, besides inspiring me to KEEP WORKING, you both have a great deal of class. Amongst all the lovely supportive posts, a very few of the responses were downright insensitve or rude or mean, especially early on. You handled it all very well. Better than I would have! CLASS ACT, both of you.

Now I'm going to go DO SOMETHING outside in "the furnace" of triple digit heat. It'll be slow. And in shade. And I'll hose myself off every few minutes. But I'll get more things done thinking about your get 'er done attitude and willingness.

THANKS for the blog -- I can't believe I finally got caught up!!! Say it isn't so...

Old 07-13-2012, 09:04 AM

82 posts, read 416,423 times
Lisa - you've been on my mind lately! Just stopping in to say hello and I pray all is well with you and Mike!

Old 07-14-2012, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETNRedClay View Post
No, no, wait, that can't be the end!!!!!

I've been taking moments to read for weeks now. Whenever I need motivation in this goshawful East Tennessee SCORCHING summer, I come in, get a tall glass of water, read a little of Mike and Lisa, and get motivated to go back outside. Look what they accomplish. You don't see them complaining. So move your blankety-blank and get something done!

I've really enjoyed your Off the Grid blog, and I have to say, besides inspiring me to KEEP WORKING, you both have a great deal of class. Amongst all the lovely supportive posts, a very few of the responses were downright insensitve or rude or mean, especially early on. You handled it all very well. Better than I would have! CLASS ACT, both of you.

Now I'm going to go DO SOMETHING outside in "the furnace" of triple digit heat. It'll be slow. And in shade. And I'll hose myself off every few minutes. But I'll get more things done thinking about your get 'er done attitude and willingness.

THANKS for the blog -- I can't believe I finally got caught up!!! Say it isn't so...
You are welcome. Thank you for writing in and saying such nice things. Mike and I appreciate it. I'm glad we could motivate you

I may have another story coming up soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Sweet Pea View Post
Lisa - you've been on my mind lately! Just stopping in to say hello and I pray all is well with you and Mike!
Hello to you. Thank you for stopping by

Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM

10,261 posts, read 12,510,776 times
Good job !! really and nice pictures.Congrats to you

Old 07-17-2012, 07:05 PM

82 posts, read 416,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
You are welcome. Thank you for writing in and saying such nice things. Mike and I appreciate it. I'm glad we could motivate you

I may have another story coming up soo
n

Hello to you. Thank you for stopping by
Looking forward to the new story!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee