Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times

Advertisements

Don't know if you would want me to help paint or not. When we bought our new (to us) house last April and started painting inside, my wife said she considered putting numbers up so I would know what color to use where! lol
We're on our way to Tennessee to visit family and a little alone time in Gatlinburg. Thought I could honk from the interstate as we went by. Just found you on the map and you're way past where we'll be! lol
Everything is looking good!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,289,269 times
I know ya'll are glad to be about through with the sanding! Now for the paint! I like the color!
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2008, 08:28 AM

5 posts, read 34,844 times
First,
Congratulations to both of you on this endeavor!

Second,
As mentioned before, please add a DRIP RING to the wiring from the PV panels - after they curve under the roof and before entering the house.

Next,
PV panel angle consideration.
Have you maximized the TILT of the panels for your Latitude?

Finally,
KEEP A GOING!

Old 09-19-2008, 08:50 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,389,075 times
Thank you everyone!

For everyone visiting TN in the next couple of months "have a great time". You picked a great time of year.

Douglas- We are working on everything but with only 2 of us we jump around a lot. Mike just ordered more panels and a larger wind generator(which will be a bear to install). Anyway I think Mike will be changing some of the wiring so he still has a lot of work left but we will at least fill any holes. As far as the panels next year we might have to move them away from the house but for now we just don't have the time before winter hits. We have to see how the system works or doesn't and then we will modify.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Lisa

Old 09-20-2008, 06:33 AM

5 posts, read 34,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Douglas- We are working on everything but with only 2 of us we jump around a lot. Mike just ordered more panels and a larger wind generator(which will be a bear to install). Anyway I think Mike will be changing some of the wiring so he still has a lot of work left but we will at least fill any holes. As far as the panels next year we might have to move them away from the house but for now we just don't have the time before winter hits. We have to see how the system works or doesn't and then we will modify.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Lisa
Just in case I was less that clear.
BEST TILT = MOST ELECTRICITY Generated

Last edited by Douglas in CT; 09-20-2008 at 07:10 AM..

Old 09-20-2008, 06:39 AM

15,205 posts, read 12,070,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas in CT View Post
Just in case I was less that clear.
BEST TILT = MOST ELECTRICITY Generation
Probably ~ 30° ......

Old 09-20-2008, 10:24 AM

39 posts, read 120,387 times
Very cool project. I just read the threat from start to finish.

I have wanted to do something similar but not into a hill, a free-stranding, partial-dirt house. I might do it someday.

Old 09-20-2008, 03:13 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,517,399 times
Go to Mother Earth back in the 1970's issues they have some earth brim homes, and some old / new technology......

Old 09-20-2008, 04:26 PM

2 posts, read 25,056 times
Default Nice Job

Hi Lisa & Mike,
Things are really comming along. sorry we've not made it over yet it's been a busy time for us both. Spent the day cutting trees in front to regain some of the view of Snake and rich, We'll be haoolar neighbors before to long. Will finish up tomorrow and hope to get your way before long. It took me a while to catchup on the posts and we are real impressed. We built our own place but it took us a little longer than ya'lls is going up. Nice Job.
Shogun

Old 09-20-2008, 06:31 PM

851 posts, read 2,457,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
ania- Thank You. I think we finally picked a paint color. We should be painting this week. No, "we will" be painting this week.

katsmeeow- I'm waiting for a story also. I can't wait until we are done spackling. It has taken over our lives.

Florida To Niota 2010- OK you need to shorten your name lol. (only kidding). Where is Niota? Or what? Thank you for you response. When we finish the house we will still have the land work, paving the driveway, and my favorite "my first garden" next spring. If that's not so exciting someone else will just have to build a house or do a project.

Everyone have a great day.

Lisa

Hello,
Florida is where I am now and Niota is where I want to be. And hope to be in 2010. Niota is a little northwest from Athens, TN (McMinn county).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee