Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2007, 06:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,447 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to relocate to Dandridge. Have two kids in middle school, can anyone tell me about public schools? Also do not have jobs yet, but are not too worried. Should we be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 12:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
We moved from Boca also. We are now in Johnson City. the schools here are great- job-wise depends on what field, but in general you don't have those S Florida issues here!. Neighbors are also polite and friendly, not just concerned about what car you drive. Welcome!

sunny

Old 01-14-2007, 01:33 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times
Welcome Lisa! I agree with Sunny, you will not be in NEAR the same environment as Boca, I too used to live in Fl. I moved here about 10 years ago and also moved to Jefferson County at first. You NEED to secure jobs in that area before you move would be my suggestion. Jefferson County has a higher unemployment rate than some surrounding counties and it has some "good ol boy" and "you ain't from around here are you? " attitudes in that neck of the woods. However, Dandridge is a good location if you plan to work and commute to Sevierville, Pigeon Forge if you work in the service/tourist industry. The schools in Dandridge are the best in that county from what I understand. Call them and talk to the people in the office, they should be able to answer specific questions you might have and give you a "feel" for the administration of that school.
Hope that helps

Old 01-14-2007, 02:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Hey mb- we agree!. People where I am are very polite, and in my neighborhood, semi-retired; though a young couple moved in people actually wave and say hello- When we went on vacation for Christmas they will watch the house, it is so different from S Florida- and I am very realistic- (not like some who-lol- say they actually enjoy hurricanes to convince themselves S Florida is great).

sunny.

Old 01-14-2007, 03:32 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa from Boca Raton View Post
My family and I are looking to relocate to Dandridge. Have two kids in middle school, can anyone tell me about public schools? Also do not have jobs yet, but are not too worried. Should we be?
A lot of people in Dandridge commute to Knoxville, believe it or not. There's absolutely no traffic coming into Knoxville from Dandridge, so you can make it to downtown Knoxville in less than 30 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee