Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:30 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,476,287 times

Advertisements

haha, no problem. I hear that stuff all the time.

i'll take that anyday of the week over fingernails-on-chalkboard accents, horn-blowing, incessant talking, socks-with-sandals, pasty white skin and fat chicks.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 PM

105 posts, read 622,286 times
I love the bumper sticker that says... horn broke, watch for finger! Also the bumper sticker that says... If you love NY so much take route 95 North.

I'm from New York but out in the country, my family owned apple orchards, pumpkin farms and produce stands and my wifes family were dairy farmers so we are probably more country folk than many of the people in TN. We lived in NY, Oregon and Florida. We don't have city accents, if we ever move to TN were should we say we are from?

Old 06-13-2006, 07:11 PM

if you say anything with the words "new york", people will think NYC.

It's probably a toss-up between Oregon and Florida, I'd say. People (at least where I'm from) think of Florida as an extension of New Jersey, so unless you talk like you grew up on the Georgia border, I'd go with Oregon. Oregon is neutral territory.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:29 PM

130 posts, read 566,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magster
Ok, folks, I have asked the administrator of this forum to prevent Ronnie from posting. It is quite clear he has his own agenda, which is far from ours -- unless of course he wants to prevent everyone from moving to Tennessee.
For what it's worth, that jackass is not representational of the species. Everyone I have met up here has been friendly, well mannered and polite. I seriously doubt that guy is from Tennessee.

Joe

Old 06-13-2006, 07:38 PM

he's actually from Mississippi, or so he claimed on another thread.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 PM

105 posts, read 270,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magster
Ok, folks, I have asked the administrator of this forum to prevent Ronnie from posting. It is quite clear he has his own agenda, which is far from ours -- unless of course he wants to prevent everyone from moving to Tennessee. We should not be responding to someone who clearly is sick, sick, sick. I am guilty, too. He is really getting my hackles up and that has absolutely nothing to due with being homophobic. This man (we assume) is a jackass. He is preying on every post from Floridians. Go figure.
Cheers,
Maggie
What the hell? Let him post. That was the funniest thing I've read in a while. We might as well have some REAL representatives of southern hospitality on this forum. Anybody who thinks that guy is way outside the norm for rural southerners either hasn't lived in the south, or has led a sheltered southern life. He sounds like a typical Southern-Baptist clansman to me.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:56 AM

63 posts, read 302,654 times
Well, I'm a Floridian but Tennessee born. I can trace my TN roots to Dr. Mullenix who in 1859 came from Holland to Memphis and ended up in the CSA. He died from the minie ball lodged in his head in 1881. I can trace my Southern "roots" back to the late 1700's and also my Ole Miss roots to at least 1842 in Itawamba County. Also, a third cousin of Elvis (grandmother was a first) and even though he is a MS boy it still counts. That is all on my mothers mothers side. The other branches are a various assortment of Cherokee, a deaf Methodist Circuit Rider with a blind wife, horse thieves, jewelers and a host of CSA soldiers even one who served on JB Hoods staff and was there at Nashville and Franklin. So, anyone can bring it on.

In the few of his posts that i have seen the fellow appears to have suffered a serious flaw in his education as relates to his letterin'. His powers of divining the truth are somewhat "skittered" also. Not a typical Tennessean, the hierarchy of the Klan, he ain't a part of it. The ones who sold the robes and hoods could read, rite and cipher much better.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:55 PM

14 posts, read 67,993 times
Default I pick Tn over Fl!

I reside in NJ right now but I lived in Fl for ten years in both the Orlando and Miami areas. I moved to NJ because the company my husband worked for transferred him there. I can not stand N.J. It is so expensive, so hard to find a decent job, the schools are awful and you just can not get ahead.
This summer we will be moving to Tn, the Nashville area. We had planned to relocate back to Fl but in the 4 years we have been away the cost of mortgage and insurance (IF you can get insurance) has risen very high. Not to mention the general cost of living.
My husband lived in Clarksville, Tn in the 1970's while in the Army and enjoyed living there, we vacationed in Nashville for a week last year and fell in love with the entire state. The beauty of the mountains, the friendliness of the locals and the calm relaxing atmosphere in the country. Almost every person I have spoken to who lives there has said how much they love it in Tn
I can not wait to become a resident of the beautiful state of Tn.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 AM

2 posts, read 5,880 times
Default Many moving from Florida to Morgan County, TN

I'm from Morgan County, TN. My step-sister is from the Fort Myers area. We have had the pleasure of meeting many terrific families from Florida. My father has tons of property in the east Tennessee area. One of my sister's friends purchased ten acres and it has went from there. Now dozens of families from FL have purchased land and built homes here. It's really neat to see their faces when they first encounter the wildlife. Especially, the deer I've lived here my whole life and I still stop in my tracks everytime I see one. They are beautiful. Our new friends love 4-wheeling, in fact, after taking our 4-wheelers for a ride, most of them have purchased their own. The scenary in Morgan County is breathtaking, even for people who lived here forever. The Nemo River runs along the property. So, why do people want to move to TN? Hiking, fishing, camping, swimming, 4-wheeling, wildlife, and we're very friendly too!!! Spring is gorgeous here, the wildflowers are stunning. Summer..time for swimming, fishing, tubing, in the river. Winter... still fun for 4-wheeling, the snowtop mountains are unbelievable. Fall...MY FAVORITE...of course football time is crazy here, but the fall colors will win your heart forever!!

Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 AM

37 posts, read 121,478 times
Everything that has been said here, I will have to agree with. We will be retiring in about a year and looking in eastern TN because of economical reasons plus we want to see trees again and live amongst friendly people. FL is becoming nothing more then a concrete parking lost with rude people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee