Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
The taxes are not that much difference at the end of the day. I live in both states but I'm rural in Florida. In TN my home is in a subdivision. My FL taxes on rural residential (Millage rate) is $ .17 per thousand of assessed value on 1 acre. The rest of my land is taxed at agricultural rate = dirt cheap.

The key in Florida regarding property taxes is "assessed" value which is not the same as market value or appraised value. Since I've been in Florida for a long time my taxes are low for the land value. New residents pay a lot more.

At the end of the day.... it's about cost of living not just taxes. The rural aspect of living in FL makes it a wash for me. I could never "leave" FL... because I love the water-fishing-boating world too much. Take a peek... [URL="http://www.martin.fl.us/portal/page?_pageid=213,1&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL"]Martin County Home[/URL]

My wife and I love TN too, but for different reasons.

Dave, have you weighed the pros and cons of having your primary address as TN or FL (Homestead Exception, Vehicles, Taxes, etc...) I currently own property in TN and I am in the process of purchasing an investment property in Miami. Just trying to decide which address will be more profitable to use as my primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2015, 04:42 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,370,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkologiski2579 View Post
Dave, have you weighed the pros and cons of having your primary address as TN or FL (Homestead Exception, Vehicles, Taxes, etc...) I currently own property in TN and I am in the process of purchasing an investment property in Miami. Just trying to decide which address will be more profitable to use as my primary.
Well from having lived down there for more than 12 years:

Homestead - specifically Keys Gate, the Redlands and Palmeto Bay are the safests

Kendall or Doral are probably the least safe areas.

Old 06-14-2015, 04:44 PM

1,452 posts, read 1,370,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon F Moss View Post
Let's make all South Floridians sign a pledge to leave the "So Fla way" at the border before crossing into TN.
Leave that attitude at the Georgia-Fla line PLEASE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee