U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 01:23 PM

271 posts, read 617,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

The revolt against a possible state income tax? There are photos. Try Tennessee Tax Revolt as your search term. Then click on Income Tax Protest Pictures Summer 2001/2002.
Just imagine instead of a small state revolt, a national revolt that could occur once SS/Med taxes are raised 10% to fix the crisis for another 5 years. If I were an AARP executive, I'd be pushing hard for the rights of the working class wage slaves along with those freshly retired.

Last edited by Siberia; 01-22-2007 at 02:50 PM..

Old 01-22-2007, 05:39 PM

6,561 posts, read 8,701,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Free healcare for the poor is a great moral idea...unfortunatley moral decisions don't often equate to logical, financial ones....

Great post, hey pay a visit to the political forum at this site and add your opinions. I'm getting out numbered by the "the government can solve all problems, through money at it and tax the rich more, and then blame Bush if it doesn't work" liberals there.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:08 PM

21,529 posts, read 16,166,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Just imagine instead of a small state revolt, a national revolt that could occur once SS/Med taxes are raised 10% to fix the crisis for another 5 years. If I were an AARP executive, I'd be pushing hard for the rights of the working class wage slaves along with those freshly retired.
I actually knew zero about TennCare (retiring with Blue Cross so did not think to inquire about other companies/programs and never heard of TennCare) before I read the Schwartzenegger/Nashville article on Yahoo's News Opinion page. I read those Opinion page articles every day and opened the article because I saw "Nashville" in the title. Then I came here and saw someone posted on the very same TennCare topic. It's an interesting part of Tennessee's recent history (socialized medicine and tie to a whiff of an income tax that enraged citizens enough for them to revolt at the state capital) that I hadn't read anywhere before last week.

I understand the Canadian system of socialized medical care is so bad that people come into the US for medical treatment.

I know what's going down in California but that's a different state forum discussion.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:01 PM

7,285 posts, read 13,600,395 times
This is good info, however becoming political. Instead of moving the whole thread to the "politics" forum, I am going to leave it here as it does mostly pertain to the TennCare issue, but am going to close it and leave it at what is already posted. If anyone would care to continue this topic, please post it on the politics forum.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee