U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2007, 01:53 PM

7,001 posts, read 14,445,503 times

Advertisements

Thanks for that....

As you come though Bristol, do not forget to honk your horn or wave at the traffic cameras.... Be careful through there.... its really hustle and bustle now. The area has exploded over the past 10 years. Its like a mini-city in itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Meijer is a store chain mostly "up north"

It is about time for us to trek up to an apple orchard up between Abingdon and Marion, VA for our couple of bushels of apples. Yippeee!

Old 10-14-2007, 05:19 PM

4,733 posts, read 6,567,396 times
Thumbs up Welcome, lundyconst. Just start reading and questioning. You will learn a lot about TN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundyconst View Post
eastern tennessee sounds good to me. I want to mve there from indiana . Can I hear more about it?
Lundyconst, I see that you are new to the forum. Welcome.

If you would like to learn more about Eastern Tennessee or Tennessee in general, just browse through the topics on the individual cities or the state. You will so much information and great comments, you may need to take notes!

If you find a topic of interest just post you question or comment and you will get plenty of responses. Hope you find it interesting.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:27 AM

4,419 posts, read 5,751,075 times
Smile Re: East TN Move

I realize that it's been some time since you first posted this thread... but I just wanted to let you know that I've found that it takes a good TWO years to completely acclimate yourself to a new area after a move, i.e, finding your way around, what's available and not, housing, doctors, dentists, schools, shopping, dining, etc.

I've made numerous moves all over the U.S. and this seems to be the timeline any/everywhere to become completely comfortable in a new surrounding and begin to really feel that it is "home" and to feel a real part of the community.

So, ease up on yourself... you'll be homesick... you'll miss all that you were used to before... regardless if it was better or worse... and, then one day you'll go somewhere else on a trip, etc., and think to yourself, "Wow, I can't wait to get back home!"... and meaning home... right where you are now!

Take care and good luck to you and yours!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 AM

420 posts, read 906,532 times
How about an Aldis store...CHEAP and DECENT QUALITY. It's the best deal for the most nutrition that I've ever found. Anyone know if they plan to build in the tri-cities area? I probably save at least 1/3 buying at Aldis rather than a chain grocery store I've ever shopped. Great for veggies, meats, nuts, dairy, the basics.

Old 10-27-2007, 12:41 PM

162 posts, read 438,465 times
Is there an Aldi store in the Nashville area?

Old 10-27-2007, 02:41 PM

9,071 posts, read 21,557,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
You can go to Aldi's web site and see for yourself. According to the web site, there are 16 Aldi locations in the Nashville area.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:01 PM

162 posts, read 438,465 times
Thanks I'll look into it. I love shoppping there. Just hate paying for or having to bring my shopping bags...I always forget to bring them

Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM

180 posts, read 413,999 times
i totally understand what you are talking about i moved here from st louis mo and things are so much cheaper there! grocerys here are outrageous! the price of housing is high too. i live in campbell county and when i first moved down here i had a decent job, then i got pregnant and became a stay at home mom while hubby works. sad thing is the economy is falling so bad in this county that when i was ready to return to work i couldnt find a job anywhere to save my life. the only jobs i have found were in knoxville , about 45 minutes away, and dont even pay me enough to commute. when i first moved here i loved it here, it was beautiful, i was making good money ect. now i would love to get the hell out of here!

Old 11-03-2007, 10:20 PM

6,300 posts, read 15,720,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawillia View Post
I know of one out on Charlotte Pike. There might be others.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,397 times
Thumbs up i've been and still am researching before i jump...

i have been trying to move to tn for a long time i am from flint, michigan. My father was a boozer and my mother ran off so i have my family that my husband and I have created and we look forward to the slower pace and the growing our own food and veggies. Kids now a days have it all we use to have to wait a week or two for letters they get them in less than a second on computers and phones. Anyway, every area I look at I look for a walmart or other stores. I really want to just pack and go but it is not just me. I hope all comes around for you and your family. Plus, now milk is over $4 and I bought a fixer upper on 2 acres for 100,000. Just got to keep searching for that diamond in the ruff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Sorry, but the rest of the country goes to Kroger or Wal-Mart at 3am. Even the Chinese go to Wal-Mart at 3am.

At any rate, since you know about Meijer's web site, why didn't you look at it before you moved here and see that there are no Meijer stores anywhere near Gatlinburg?

I'm really not trying to offend, so I apologize if it comes across that way. But your complaining about the cost of housing, no Meijer stores, etc., AFTER moving here is the equivalent of someone who adopts a cheetah as a pet but then complains that it runs too fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee