Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2006, 07:53 AM

6 posts, read 21,141 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to "pick some informed brains" about information regarding areas in east Tennesse - either north or south of Knoxville (what is the major difference between the two?). Relocation there is a great possibility so any infomation regarding the area would be a great help. Here are some questions I hope someone can help answer:

1. What would you consider more affordable, purchasing a lot and building a home or purchasing a home out right?

2. What areas should I look at for purchasing a lot? I would like a "nice" area. Maybe even a gated community with large lots. Good school districts -(I undestand that Blount/Alcoa/Maryville are all good).

3. What areas/neighborhoods do you recommend, if I don't want to be too far or too close to the city. Being close (about 20-25 min.) to hospitals and amenities - shopping/movies, etc.. is important to us.

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2006, 09:42 AM

62 posts, read 232,229 times
I'm considering moving to the Knoxville area, and from my research the best schools are in West Knox (Farragut school district) and Oak Ridge. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the land-home question.

Old 05-25-2006, 01:44 PM

6 posts, read 21,141 times
Thanks for your reply. I will definitely check that area. If you can offer any other info regarding specific communities, I will certainly appreciate it.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 5,334 times
Default East Tn

I moved to East Tn last year from Ca and am a Real Estate Agent. Have found West Knoxville to be the nicer area. Towns to look at are Farragut, Concord, Northshore and Oak Ridge. They are all with in minutes of downtown Knoxville. I think that Knoxville has more resturants per capita than any city in the US. Farragut has a good schools as does Oak Ridge.

Building costs have gone up considerably. You can probably get a better value in a pre existing home rather than building.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:42 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,240,213 times
Default agree!

Quote:
Building costs have gone up considerably. You can probably get a better value in a pre existing home rather than building.
Being in the mortgage bussiness, I very much agree with rocky top on this one. Now buying form a builder that has already built, still new, might be something to look at. Just a thought. But definantly easier to obtain a mortgage on somthing already built.

moderator : quote fixed

Last edited by Yac; 08-14-2006 at 01:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee