U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:00 PM

17 posts, read 28,656 times

Advertisements

I just want to say I have never been involved in a forum of any kind until I wanted to relocate to Tennessee. I found this by pure luck. And I read seveal posts before I desided to post my self. What made me want to was the people of Tennessee were so helpful and caring inspite of the crazy things people were asking. I feel like you are friends without even knowing you. Moving to south Florida 20 years ago I forgot that there is still kindness and compassion out there, I went into culture shock when I moved hear from Colorado. I remember how people here were so into there own world and fast pace. And it took me 4 years before I really started fitting in, and now I find myself in my own littel world and my fast pace life. Don't get me wrong I love my friends in south Florida they are beautiful, however not all of it is so nice. It has over grown here way to much and it is to costly to live here any longer, so many Florida people will be moving your way, and I want to thank all of you for opening your arms to us, giving us info about so many things. You are truly down to earth, and I can't wait to be part of the Tennessee way of life.
Peace Sherrie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 02:16 PM

109 posts, read 253,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsmit View Post
I just want to say I have never been involved in a forum of any kind until I wanted to relocate to Tennessee. I found this by pure luck. And I read seveal posts before I desided to post my self. What made me want to was the people of Tennessee were so helpful and caring inspite of the crazy things people were asking. I feel like you are friends without even knowing you. Moving to south Florida 20 years ago I forgot that there is still kindness and compassion out there, I went into culture shock when I moved hear from Colorado. I remember how people here were so into there own world and fast pace. And it took me 4 years before I really started fitting in, and now I find myself in my own littel world and my fast pace life. Don't get me wrong I love my friends in south Florida they are beautiful, however not all of it is so nice. It has over grown here way to much and it is to costly to live here any longer, so many Florida people will be moving your way, and I want to thank all of you for opening your arms to us, giving us info about so many things. You are truly down to earth, and I can't wait to be part of the Tennessee way of life.
Peace Sherrie

I feel you ....It has been actually my husband that has not been able to adapt at all to Miami….It has been so difficult for him to make any friends here...he likes things like Nascar, Country Music, football, nice bars, you know all "American things"……but it's like he lives in another world here....people totally live in their own world, no one has any time, always busy, it's expensive to live, it’s very Spanish-culture oriented ONLY, if not you are discriminated, too many people, etc…..I can go on and on...
We are still young with no kids, and have not been able to enjoy our lives here...I have friends because I was born and raised in this country, and have friends in New Orleans and Miami, but my husband is from another Country. He fit's in the US, but not really with Hispanics, and he is Hispanic, but American at heart. So we are searching for a friendlier town, where we can form a family, make some good friends, and improve our lifestyle a little, because I feel as if we were stuck in a hole that we cannot get out of. I feel that I am not progressing.... I am willing to relocate, I want to see my husband happy, but my main concern is $$$ and Jobs….In the threads here I have discovered that I will be ok, and that the cost of living is much cheaper, so we'll see. I will be visiting in May and stay for about 4 or 5 days there and check out Maryville and Knoxville...I will be interviewing with a marketing firm as well so wish me luck ...My goal is to be over there in Spring 2008...I have a lot to plan and do, such as : find a place to rent in Knoxville, find a job, sell my home, pack up, and FINALLY MOVE !!! To tell you the truth, I am very positive about TN and excited!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:52 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,757 times
Cool New License PLATES, Today, Bargin.

M.M. : Sort of cool this week, but trees will really pop early spring. What you mean "Purely LucK" to find us.! This is part of your RESEARCH , many folks talk about to find your corner of Paradise. New license plates today, bargain.
$24 /yr rate, $5 Title , $8 for a 5yr Plate, No impact fee like other states. Do you remember $100 Fla Title fee or $250 / car Impact fee around 1993 ? There are about Six counties around state where you need to get $10 EMISSION inspection sticker before ever going to Motor vehicle.! Fine Print not on state RETIRETENN,web.
. Utilities bargain here and ins $335 / yr house.!

Old 01-22-2007, 05:57 PM

Thank you for that, and yes I do remember title fees just to bring your car here and the fee did what? We wish we could move tomorrow. Still have to tie up a few ends here before we get to our paradise.
Peace Sherrie

Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM

suzycue,
I am so sorry, I just don't understand why people are that way. I pray you find peace in Tennessee. Miami is a very hard place to live. I am in Ft Lauderdale its not much better. If you need anything while you are here send me a post.
Peace Sherrie

Old 01-23-2007, 08:22 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,376,664 times
Default come on up

Quote:
suzycue,
I am so sorry, I just don't understand why people are that way. I pray you find peace in Tennessee. Miami is a very hard place to live. I am in Ft Lauderdale its not much better. If you need anything while you are here send me a post.
Peace Sherrie
Miss Sherrie, with an attitude like that, you are gonna fit right in!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 AM

Quote:
suzycue,
Peace Sherrie
Thanks...I appreciate that!
Likewise, if you need anything from me I'll be happy to help

When do you plan on moving to TN? Knoxville?

Last edited by suzycue; 01-23-2007 at 08:55 AM..

Old 01-23-2007, 09:49 AM

We will be moving next year. We are looking near the tri-city area. We love to garden and have alot of space. Take care.
Peace Sherrie

You are so sweet thank you very much, I can't wait to put my feet back on the ground.
Peace Sherrie

Old 01-23-2007, 01:41 PM

I am going to Knoxville and Maryville in May..I was thinking of posting my feedback on my experience and some pictures so be on the lookout for that time

Old 01-23-2007, 02:22 PM

That will be awsome, thanks.
Peace Sherrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee