U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2007, 11:52 PM

4 posts, read 24,906 times
Default Moving to Clarksville, TN

My wife and I are moving to Clarksville, TN and need to know what type of community it is, crime, how is the hospital? How does it compare with other areas outside of Nashville that have affordible housing? How is the neighborhoods by Tiny Town Road? Is crime frequent there? What are the police doing to address the crime statistics? What is the current population?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 01:06 AM

1,459 posts, read 2,944,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
My wife and I are moving to Clarksville, TN and need to know what type of community it is, crime, how is the hospital? How does it compare with other areas outside of Nashville that have affordible housing? How is the neighborhoods by Tiny Town Road? Is crime frequent there? What are the police doing to address the crime statistics? What is the current population?

http://www.city-data.com/city/Clarks...Tennessee.html

This link will give some info on Clarksville.

Old 01-07-2008, 02:26 PM

21 posts, read 41,529 times
Hello! My name is Tonya Gendreau and I am a Realtor with Crye-Leike Realtors. I would like to take a few minutes to answer your questions. Clarksville is a great place to live. I have been here 10 years and I love it. I am married with 2 children and I am glad I am raising my children here.

Clarksville has a population of 111,800 according to CNN.money.com. Our median house price is $125,647. We have a low cost of living here.

We are experiencing tremendous growth with new schools, new hospital, and new neighborhoods. Our current hospital is Gateway Hospital, however, Clarksville has just built a replacement hospital. It should be done this year. They are now completing the inside. I believe it will be a great new asset to Clarksville.

Our housing is extremely affordable and holds it appreciation rates very well. Clarksville is listed in Kiplinger's Magazine as projecting a 6.4% gain through 2009. It is number 1 in the country according to their report.

Tiny Town Road is a great place to live. It bridges the Ft. Campbell side of town to the St. B side of town. 5 to 10 minutes either way. This area is growing extremely fast especially out toward exit 1. Tiny Town has a new theater called the Great Escape and we are selling tons of land for more businesses and retail to build and grow with us. Plus we have lots of new schools for our children to attend. As far as crime is concerned, I haven't heard any complaints from clients in that area. Police patrol these areas constantly to prevent crime from occurring. If this is something that may concern you, I would advise you to find a neighborhood that you like and then contact the police department for crime statistics.

We are growing so fast and many from the west are coming back to Clarksville to retire. Our infrastructure is constantly building and growing to sustain new citizens every year.

I am happy that you are considering Clarksville as your residence for you and your family. If there is anything that I can assist you with, please feel free to contact me at tonya.gendreau@crye-leike.com.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:35 PM

13,565 posts, read 6,944,911 times
This thread is a year old and the OP never came back....

Old 01-15-2008, 05:24 AM

544 posts, read 665,167 times
Just a quick note... The TAR's weekly newsletter reported today:

"Clarksville has been singled out as the most promising real
estate appreciation market in the country by Fiserv, a global company
that provides information management systems and services to the
financial industry.

The company projects real estate prices will rise 6.4 percent
through 2009 in the Montgomery County city of about 125,000.

The statistic is in stark contrast to the overall national real
estate market."

Old 01-16-2008, 10:15 AM

10 posts, read 26,884 times
Hi all.....we are looking to relocate to TN and this area sounds interesting. Close to Ft Campbell?? We were looking to be near a base, if possible and considered Redstone (south/middle TN) or Ft Campbell areas. Is it hilly or flat? We are in FL and sick of flat. My home state is WV and love the terrain, it's just not centralized to all our family. Looking for land to build on.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:12 AM

6,300 posts, read 15,338,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMav View Post
Hi all.....we are looking to relocate to TN and this area sounds interesting. Close to Ft Campbell?? We were looking to be near a base, if possible and considered Redstone (south/middle TN) or Ft Campbell areas. Is it hilly or flat? We are in FL and sick of flat. My home state is WV and love the terrain, it's just not centralized to all our family. Looking for land to build on.
Clarksville/Montgomery County varies from slightly rolling hills to fairly "rough" terrain with the most common being somewhere in between. The flatter terrain is in the north part of the county with the south being very hilly in places.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:21 PM

18,951 posts, read 49,532,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMav View Post
Most of the Clarksville area is as flat as a board, absolutely nothing like what you had in WV. Down around Nashville it gets decently hilly, but theyre not the Smokies or anything either. If you liked WV's terrain, settle in eastern TN.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:36 PM

6,300 posts, read 15,338,326 times
Well, I would agree with Steve-o that it's nothing like WV in terms of being mountainous, but I'd completely disagree with it being "flat as a board". You can go to a Google map of the area and turn on "terrain" and judge for yourself. As I mentioned earlier, I would describe it as gently to moderately rolling hills. And by the way, I grew up there and still own 50 acres on the east side of the county . . . I've sure walked enough of "them thar hills". Up near the Kentucky border and around Ft. Campbell it is fairly flat.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

18,951 posts, read 49,532,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Well, I would agree with Steve-o that it's nothing like WV in terms of being mountainous, but I'd completely disagree with it being "flat as a board". You can go to a Google map of the area and turn on "terrain" and judge for yourself. As I mentioned earlier, I would describe it as gently to moderately rolling hills. And by the way, I grew up there and still own 50 acres on the east side of the county . . . I've sure walked enough of "them thar hills". Up near the Kentucky border and around Ft. Campbell it is fairly flat.
Well ok, the more I think about it, the more you sound correct. The area does have rolling hills scattered throughout town. I remember some decent hills near downtown, some south of town, even some neighborhoods near Kickers that had some decently steep hills. Then there is the area near the old railroad bridge and near the cave which were decently hilly too. Sorry, I forget the street names, its been awhile since I lived there.

I lived further east, near Tiny Town Rd, and spent most of my time around that area, which is very flat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee