Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,187 times

Advertisements

hey yall movin from OK its gonna be jus me an my 2 year old son
i like both of them places an dont know which to choose
i like gainesboro cause readin from a few other posts that its a small town where evrybody knows your name which i like an is close to a bigger town for jobs an such
jonesbourough is bigger and has nice stuff for kids like festivals an things an i havent found anything bout gainesboro like that
i will also need babysittin an daycare
rent im not looking for anything to fancy or expensive i cant afford much really but dont want to liv in some ghetto
an some bars an diners to work at an also stuff to do for me to. my child comes first but i do need to have a life evry so often
also church is a big thing to me as well
thank you all for help

heres a lil bout me
20 years old white and only speak english
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 04:50 PM

665 posts, read 1,926,060 times
Smile screen name

Hi, Just wanted to say I love your screen name! We have seen the movie broken bridges at leat 8 times , as we own it. We never get tired of it, neither does my 3 yr old grandaughter who loves toby keith too!
Sorry just had to tell you ....phyl,
p.s. going to seeTrace adkins this weekend in Atlantic city.cant wait

Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,959,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_heart_tobykeith View Post
i like gainesboro cause readin from a few other posts that its a small town where evrybody knows your name which i like an is close to a bigger town for jobs an such
jonesbourough is bigger and has nice stuff for kids like festivals an things an i havent found anything bout gainesboro like that
rent im not looking for anything to fancy or expensive i cant afford much really but dont want to liv in some ghetto
an some bars an diners to work at an also stuff to do for me to. my child comes first but i do need to have a life evry so often
thank you all for help

heres a lil bout me
I'm probably a little biased, but I do like the Gainesboro area. It is really small, so you might end up working in Cookeville anyway. But the cost of living in Gainesboro is next to nothing, and the people are absolutely wonderful. There are a few diners and cafes in Gainesboro. The town is cheap but not a ghetto.

As far as churches go, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. But there aren't that many churches in Gainesboro since it's such a small town, and I think they're pretty much all Baptist, Methodist, and Church of Christ, probably Presbyterian, too (Cumberland Presbyterian). And maybe a Pentecostal church or two. For anything else (Catholic, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Unitarian, etc.) people go to Cookeville.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyll View Post
Hi, Just wanted to say I love your screen name! We have seen the movie broken bridges at leat 8 times , as we own it. We never get tired of it, neither does my 3 yr old grandaughter who loves toby keith too!
Sorry just had to tell you ....phyl,
p.s. going to seeTrace adkins this weekend in Atlantic city.cant wait
i know he is so hot love the moviee to

Old 02-13-2007, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
I'm probably a little biased, but I do like the Gainesboro area. It is really small, so you might end up working in Cookeville anyway. But the cost of living in Gainesboro is next to nothing, and the people are absolutely wonderful. There are a few diners and cafes in Gainesboro. The town is cheap but not a ghetto.

As far as churches go, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. But there aren't that many churches in Gainesboro since it's such a small town, and I think they're pretty much all Baptist, Methodist, and Church of Christ, probably Presbyterian, too (Cumberland Presbyterian). And maybe a Pentecostal church or two. For anything else (Catholic, Christian Science, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists, Unitarian, etc.) people go to Cookeville.
what kind of jobs in cookeville
is it a long drive or hard to find from gainesboro
thank you jmt i might have found my place to live

Old 02-13-2007, 10:17 AM

Quote:
what kind of jobs in cookeville
is it a long drive or hard to find from gainesboro
thank you jmt i might have found my place to live
Cookeville is 10-15 miles from Gainesboro. There are two highways that connect Gainesboro to Cookeville, both are very easy drives. Highway 290 is a very easy drive, very straight. Hwy 135 is more beautiful but is pretty windy and twisty with several hair-pin curves.

Are you looking for restaurant jobs? If so, there are over 100 in Cookeville. It's a college town, so there are lots of bars, coffee shops, fancy restaurants as well as greasy spoon diners.

Gainesboro does have an annual festival called the Poke Sallet festival. I had no idea what a poke sallet was, but apparently it's a kind of wild onion that grows around there. Who knew?

Otherwise, Cookeville has several festivals throughout the year ranging from an outdoor BBQ cookoff, an outdoor ice cream cranking contest, an outdoor concert festival, and an outdoor art fest, all downtown.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Cookeville is 10-15 miles from Gainesboro. There are two highways that connect Gainesboro to Cookeville, both are very easy drives. Highway 290 is a very easy drive, very straight. Hwy 135 is more beautiful but is pretty windy and twisty with several hair-pin curves.

Are you looking for restaurant jobs? If so, there are over 100 in Cookeville. It's a college town, so there are lots of bars, coffee shops, fancy restaurants as well as greasy spoon diners.

Gainesboro does have an annual festival called the Poke Sallet festival. I had no idea what a poke sallet was, but apparently it's a kind of wild onion that grows around there. Who knew?

Otherwise, Cookeville has several festivals throughout the year ranging from an outdoor BBQ cookoff, an outdoor ice cream cranking contest, an outdoor concert festival, and an outdoor art fest, all downtown.
im lookin for bars an diner jobs
do u know of any cheap motels to stay at
and how would i go bout finding a place to live over there i dont see nothin on the computer

Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
im lookin for bars an diner jobs
do u know of any cheap motels to stay at
and how would i go bout finding a place to live over there i dont see nothin on the computer
Yeah there are several cheap motels. I'll send you an IM with the names and numbers. If you want to find a place to live, look at the on-line classifieds for the local paper, the Herald-Citizen.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Yeah there are several cheap motels. I'll send you an IM with the names and numbers. If you want to find a place to live, look at the on-line classifieds for the local paper, the Herald-Citizen.
thank you so much jmt you have been so helpfull

Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
thank you all for help

heres a lil bout me
I bet you'll do well here!

Tennessee has nice little towns with churches and they are always looking for waitresses. And of course you heart Toby Keith! How sweet!

Best of luck to you and your baby and welcome to Tennessee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee