Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:58 PM

20 posts, read 67,405 times

Advertisements

What kinds of guns are allowed in TN?

Out here in California, the liberals have it so that if you are caught with a water pistol, you are sentenced to death.

I for one would like to purchase and own an AK47 and MP5. I know some states in the Midwest allow for the purchase of these guns without a federal firearms license.

Can you carry concealed without a permit?

Are shotguns allowed inside your truck?

I'm not some gun freak....I just want to exercise my right as an American citizen to bear arms (the fully automatic ones).
And I have been owning/shooting firearms since I was a 6 year old little boy, so please no lectures on firearm safety etc.

I am a responsible, law-abiding (never been in trouble with the law) gun owner that feels that the local government should not dictate what kinds of weapons we can or can't have in our house. Am hoping TN is a good place for that.

Old 10-09-2008, 12:03 AM

20,222 posts, read 19,777,428 times
gunlaws.com - Tennessee Gun Law Links

http://crime.about.com/od/gunlawsbys.../gunlaw_tn.htm

Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 AM
kbg

223 posts, read 342,965 times
I to have a small arms bone myself with that said your needs can be met in our great state as long as you have no convictions your good to go from AK's sitting on a shelf to any number of modern AR's begging for a home, as for concealed carry you will need a permit but to get one in your hand is a mere $ 200 or less depending on where you take the class, finger prints 3 months or less waiting for the background check and your on the way, as for shotguns in your truck, just keep them out of the back glass those days are long gone. Also check out legallyarmed.com for state by state info.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:31 AM

20 posts, read 67,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbg View Post
I to have a small arms bone myself with that said your needs can be met in our great state as long as you have no convictions your good to go from AK's sitting on a shelf to any number of modern AR's begging for a home, as for concealed carry you will need a permit but to get one in your hand is a mere $ 200 or less depending on where you take the class, finger prints 3 months or less waiting for the background check and your on the way, as for shotguns in your truck, just keep them out of the back glass those days are long gone. Also check out legallyarmed.com for state by state info.
Thanks, no convictions here, no mental/drug/alcohol abuse whatsoever.

Nice !!

Do you do any hunting? How is the deer hunting out there? Any duck or other big waterfowl hunting?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:04 AM
kbg

223 posts, read 342,965 times
Sure thing seems like everyone here is a deer slayer to some degree, althought good duck blasting comes at a premium, I know lots of good 'ole boys that bag them but some of the best flocks are over in the Arkansas area. so pack up and blow that taco stand!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:14 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,806,707 times
Don't expect to just go out on some public land and start shooting. You will have johnnylaw on you pronto. You have to have a buddy with land or you buy land or go to a shooting range. And buddy those are not just everywhere in TN. Go onto the Tennessee Wildlife Resources site and you can get into the maps of where they are.
As for just carrying a gun in the pickup. Well the cops don't really like that. And will check you six ways to sunday if they find one there. Just the hassle of it and you better be legal.
You got state,federal,private land with public use. ALL have different rules of gun/hunting use for them. Be careful.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:27 AM

75 posts, read 236,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatecali View Post
What kinds of guns are allowed in TN?

Out here in California, the liberals have it so that if you are caught with a water pistol, you are sentenced to death.

I for one would like to purchase and own an AK47 and MP5. I know some states in the Midwest allow for the purchase of these guns without a federal firearms license.

Can you carry concealed without a permit?

Are shotguns allowed inside your truck?

I'm not some gun freak....I just want to exercise my right as an American citizen to bear arms (the fully automatic ones).
And I have been owning/shooting firearms since I was a 6 year old little boy, so please no lectures on firearm safety etc.

I am a responsible, law-abiding (never been in trouble with the law) gun owner that feels that the local government should not dictate what kinds of weapons we can or can't have in our house. Am hoping TN is a good place for that.
I'm not trying to start an argument or anything here. I just really want to know why an average citizen wants/needs an AK.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:43 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,382,903 times
Why not? Why does an average person want a big screen television?

Old 10-13-2008, 11:46 AM

75 posts, read 236,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Why not? Why does an average person want a big screen television?
You know those aren't even close to the same thing.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:04 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,300,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Rick View Post
I'm not trying to start an argument or anything here. I just really want to know why an average citizen wants/needs an AK.
What guns do you think an American citizen should be able to own?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee