Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Laura, all you need is a cat that feels the same way! When we lived in Maine, we had a cat that hated crickets. At night you could hear her running, pouncing, and sliding on the wide-board wood floors. In the morning the floors would be littered with wiry cricket legs!
AHA! Thank you for the advice. Long Island was the worst. After running around with a spray can of bug killer I began to wonder if the crickets would survive but I would die from some bug killer chemical disease. I had to go that route because they were too fast for me. And they are smart, too. When you get near them, they shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 10:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
If you came near me with that spray can, I'd shut up, too!

I think flies are smart. They wait for you to strike and then they move.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
OK, I found the picture and scaned it in. hehehehehe
[IMG][/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
He was small. We threw a towel over him, picked him up and put him back outside. We think he came in the drier vent. Put a large holed screen (Chicken Wire) in the vent, He never came back, but boy, it was a long time before I just walked into the bathroom without looking first! LOL
I have the picture of him somewhere, I will dig it out and post it hehehehhee.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:12 PM

630 posts, read 2,431,494 times
I found one of those little guys near my Grannies house and took it home, when I was a kid.
My Dad wouldn't let me keep it....
I just couldn't understand why.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:18 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
HAHHAHHA They are cute little critters and I would have loved to keep this one too, but it really isn't fair to them. Anyway, at the time we had the Dog, a cat, 6 birds, a infant fling squirrel I tried to save (didn't succeed, but he fell out of a tree and momma didn't come for him for 12 hours ) and my parents living in the house....don't know where I would have kept him! LOL!
Well, then again, he seemed to like the bathroom. hahahahahahha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBound View Post
I found one of those little guys near my Grannies house and took it home, when I was a kid.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,938,649 times
Quote:
OK, I found the picture and scaned it in. hehehehehe
Oh my gosh! That's hysterical! Possums are the ugliest little creatures. I know they're harmless, but I probably would've had a minor accident (if you know what I mean) if I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night and saw a possum sitting there staring at me. Welcome to Tennessee!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:02 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Gosh, he was cute. I don't know if I would be brave enough to pick him up, though!

Old 02-19-2007, 05:53 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
HAHHAHHA They are cute little critters and I would have loved to keep this one too, but it really isn't fair to them. Anyway, at the time we had the Dog, a cat, 6 birds, a infant fling squirrel I tried to save (didn't succeed, but he fell out of a tree and momma didn't come for him for 12 hours ) and my parents living in the house....don't know where I would have kept him! LOL!
Maybe he just stopped to use the facilities.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 PM

630 posts, read 2,431,494 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBound

My Dad made me show him where we found it, and we had to take it
back to its Mama. I think we lived in Texas at the time, and my Grannie lived in West Virginia. I don't think it would've survived the trip back with us five kids... we would've loved it to death....

Old 03-12-2007, 04:27 PM

46 posts, read 273,276 times
Default Mosquitos are terrible in NW TN!

Sorry to disappoint you, but mosquitos are rampant here. They do not spray in this area at all. They come out at the first sign of spring and don't go away until the middle of fall. They feed at dusk so you have to shower in bug spray in order to get any relief. Plus it's about 95 degrees and humid in the summer so you can imagine how sticky it can be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee