U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 07:39 PM

44 posts, read 95,744 times

Advertisements

This Scot is thinking of moving to the Franklin or Brentwood area and would greatly appreciate info on what appears to be a great place to live.
Here's some of my questions:

Houses are large in comparison to where we are (Nevada) and I was wondering what the cost of utilities are for a 3000 sq ft house, summer and winter.

Does anyone know about local airports for small aircraft?

Anyone know what homeowners insurance would be on a $400K home? Cost to register a new $25K car?

It appears that Nashsville/Franklin is there healtchcare management capital of the USA - does this mean lower insurance rates?

Anyone know when Nisson HQ will be moving to Franklin?

And finally, but certainly not least, do the TN's like Scots (or Scotch!) and are there any Scottish societies in the area, anyone know of any Scottish activities where I can wear my kilt? (You beat us once in the revolutionary war, but we should be friends by now!!!!)

Any tips or advise on moving to your beautiful state?

Slainte,
Imascot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2006, 07:54 PM

113 posts, read 484,663 times
I wish I could help, but I am in the Memphis area. But you are free to eat as much grits as you want.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 PM

2 posts, read 4,738 times
There are Highland/Scottish festival in Grandfather Mountain, North Carolina once a year. It'a a big deal. Not sure of exact dates. Go to Google and try Scottish festival/Grandfather and see what comes up. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 4,738 times
P.S. Scottish festival games is probably the only place to wear a kilt in East Tennessee

Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 AM

7 posts, read 4,912 times
Default Grits!

Yes, even while wearing a kilt! However, may I suggest putting butter and salt on the grits. They`re great!

Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 PM

2,768 posts, read 5,618,357 times
Nissan has already located to Nashville, they are in downtown Nashville until their building is done in 2008.

Their new headquarters will be in the Cool Springs area, between Franklin & Brentwood.

Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 PM

37 posts, read 184,536 times
All Scots are welcome....pick up a Nashville phone book, most are of Scot, Irish and German descent (I'm Scottish, or more American accurate, Scotch-Irish). I don't know from where in Scotland you hail but I felt at-home all over that country, especially in the Highlands. You will feel immediately comfortable here, I promise.

There are small airports all around Nashville, you won't have any trouble finding one to house your plane.

If you are using only electricity (natural gas and propane are also available) you will find the rates much lower than the very expensive Nevada. We benefit from the TVA systems of dams covering our river systems.

It costs about $50 a year to register your car, regardless of it's value.

Your homeowner's insurance will be about $1200 a year for the Franklin/Brentwood area.

The Nissan headquarters has broken ground in the Cool Springs area (between Brentwood and Franklin) but they have already acquired temporary office space downtown in the BellSouth building (we call it the Batman building, you will understand when you see it).

There are yearly Highland games in Murfreesboro. You will be surprised how many Scottish flags you will see displayed here.

More questions? I'll try to help.

Old 07-11-2006, 07:45 PM

211 posts, read 231,088 times
Grits in Franklin/Brentwood? I've lived here like 8 years and I've never tasted it, I think I saw it at Cracker Barrel once.

People don't realize TN is urban and Williamson is not exactly a Southern place. It's suburban America and most people are from out of state or at least their parents are. Btw, Cool Springs is in Franklin though I wouldn't be surprised it spins off... then again, Franklin would have nothing of value left...

Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
GFG

11 posts, read 40,632 times
You can also add some pigs brains to the grits to get em goin...

Old 05-28-2007, 09:01 PM

64 posts, read 275,554 times
The only way to eat grits is with butter and SUGAR, lots of sugar I prefer hashbrowns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or