U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-25-2008, 05:15 PM

126 posts, read 132,143 times
Default S. Oregon to Cleveland TN

Who's from here, what's your opinion of the place? What's there to do and see? Trucking employment no problem as a retirement gig?

Please tell me all you can about the palce.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 06:18 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,947,802 times
Default Links

Car Guy: http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Tennessee.html
Here is the link that pops up from the upper left White City-Data logo when one clicks, then enters Cleveland.
.We are across lake, initially liked this small city. Religious college town with Lee University. Will be active with new VW mfg plant just to south being built this month.
To the east smoky mtn range & white water kayak on the Ocoee river, 96 Olympic site & welcome center.
OVerhill region & RR scenic line / history. Mid way between Chattanooga & KNoxville for culture. Busy right on I-75 line into Atlanta, Ga.
About Knoxville | Knoxville TN
Daily newpaper Link to read or further links. Cleveland Daily Banner - Cleveland, TN

"Here come the JUDGE "? Many car shows in this region. Downtown cruise nights.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:30 PM

126 posts, read 132,143 times
Sounds pretty nice when I give up my DOT job out here in Oregon at age 50. Wanna get a job in a big rig, live in and see parts East of the Miss. for a change. Lots of old car guys back there eh? GOOD.

My '71 455HO GTO. Essentially stock!
Attached Thumbnails
S. Oregon to Cleveland TN-dsc01931.jpg  

Old 10-26-2008, 04:55 AM

Default More links,

Tennessee Overhill Experience
Sport carf clubs & CYCLE GANG GO HERE also.
Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway, Graham Co, NC
. History back before the Civil war, lots to enjoy here, if you want OLD.

Old 11-09-2008, 11:38 PM

731 posts, read 1,110,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
Car Guy: http://www.city-data.com/city/Cleveland-Tennessee.html
Here is the link that pops up from the upper left White City-Data logo when one clicks, then enters Cleveland.
.We are across lake, initially liked this small city. Religious college town with Lee University. Will be active with new VW mfg plant just to south being built this month.
To the east smoky mtn range & white water kayak on the Ocoee river, 96 Olympic site & welcome center.
OVerhill region & RR scenic line / history. Mid way between Chattanooga & KNoxville for culture. Busy right on I-75 line into Atlanta, Ga.
About Knoxville | Knoxville TN
Daily newpaper Link to read or further links. Cleveland Daily Banner - Cleveland, TN

"Here come the JUDGE "? Many car shows in this region. Downtown cruise nights.
Hi,

You said you "initially liked this city". I will be visiting next month and wonder if you still like it, etc?

Oh and I have a 1967 GTO for fun.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:47 AM

Default Great Location

WELCOME "L"; Cleveland has a great location between Chatt & KNox.
Backs up to the bigger mtn of the Smokey park N.C. border. Right on I-75 for travel access.
. Being full retired wanted daily quiet away from expressways like I-95 & I-4 central Fla. Most of the backyards R.E. agents showed us were not LEVEL enough to park a single boat trailer even on a 2 acre lot .
. Went straight across lake to Soddy - Daisy & smooth 4 lane pkwy Rt # 27.
New church parish was more mature crowd. Last reason was new house with lake / cove access, Flat back yard, 40 mile front porch view. Classic boating is now major hobby , passed on all the muscle cars of 60's. Keep in touch.
... SPLIT .(prior 63 Corvette coupe) , 4 speed , side pipes .
..House is top RIGHT hill top in below Pic , $132K.
...LOt on the RIGHT is still un-built .. You could move right next door
. if you wish . ?

Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM

731 posts, read 1,110,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
WELCOME "L"; Cleveland has a great location between Chatt & KNox.
Backs up to the bigger mtn of the Smokey park N.C. border. Right on I-75 for travel access.
. Being full retired wanted daily quiet away from expressways like I-95 & I-4 central Fla. Most of the backyards R.E. agents showed us were not LEVEL enough to park a single boat trailer even on a 2 acre lot .
. Went straight across lake to Soddy - Daisy & smooth 4 lane pkwy Rt # 27.
New church parish was more mature crowd. Last reason was new house with lake / cove access, Flat back yard, 40 mile front porch view. Classic boating is now major hobby , passed on all the muscle cars of 60's. Keep in touch.
... SPLIT .(prior 63 Corvette coupe) , 4 speed , side pipes .
..House is top RIGHT hill top in below Pic , $132K.
...LOt on the RIGHT is still un-built .. You could move right next door
. if you wish . ?

Thanks,

I will be in the area for 2 days in Dec. I will be visiting both Cleveland and Soddy Daisy. Both look nice, though I admit a flat lot or a nice flat area on the lot would be good for a BIGGER garage.

I can't move yet, so unless the lot next to yours is available when I can, I may not be able to acquire it.

A boat is also on my list of potential goodies if I end up near a lake.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:28 AM

2,350 posts, read 7,226,167 times
My stepfather moved here from southern OR, Coquille in fact. He seems to love it here EXCEPT the humidity and heat. Coquille is close to the coast (which you probably know) so it was pretty windy and sometimes chilly, even in the summer. Here it is sticky hot! We are a little more "backwards" here lol so that can be irritating to someone from a forward thinking state. Specifically irritating are the problems with racism and such. Other than that it's been nice. Affordable housing and low taxes. He has bonded very well with most of his neighbors and that's been a plus as they OR neighbors pretty much kept to themselves. Here, we are all in everyone's business lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee