U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 05:17 PM

97 posts, read 259,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Fall Creek Falls is an excellent suggestion! If they have a Thanksgiving buffet, that's where I'd go. While I love Cracker Barrel, FCF offers a beautiful view in the middle of the state's most popular state park. After eating a huge Thanksgiving meal at the inn, there are dozens of beautiful areas to go for a nice walk.
Tennessee State Parks officials are pleased to announce that all eight state park restaurants will be open Thursday, Nov. 27, serving a traditional Thanksgiving Day feast. Thanksgiving turkey and all the traditional trimmings, along with an assortment of desserts, will be available beginning at 11 a.m. until closing at state park restaurants across Tennessee.

The Tennessee State Park restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner are:

Cumberland Mountain State Park -- (931) 484-7186
David Crockett State Park (Lawrenceburg) -- (931) 762-9541
Fall Creek Falls State Park -- (423) 881-5241
Henry Horton State Park -- (931) 364-2222
Montgomery Bell State Park -- (615) 797-3101
Natchez Trace State Park -- (731) 968-8176
Paris Landing State Park -- (731) 642-4311
Pickwick Landing State Park -- (731) 689-3135
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 09:20 AM

447 posts, read 839,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Billy's Diner!!!! Right? The church is across the street? They've always got a bus out front of the church. And next to the church is the Badcock and TSC and if you keep going through their parking lot there's the Walgreens? And if you go down the road where Billy's is there's a back road that leads to McDonald's?

I'm sure that's it! We've been dying to go there and for some reason never have. Good to know you like the food. We'll have to check it out.

Hubby killed the FCF idea. Doesn't want to drive that far. So if Billy's is open, we'll probably give that a whirl - thanks all!!
YESSS that's it!! I was raised in that neighborhood many many years ago and attended that church.... so think of me while you enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner

Old 11-21-2008, 02:42 PM

97 posts, read 259,733 times
I think you are thinking of the place where Shoney's used to be. It is now called Andy's.
Billy's Diner in on Hwy 55 near Morrison.
These places make their dinners by warming up cans...you can do that at home.
For a turkey day meal...I want the real thing.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:44 PM

5,100 posts, read 8,597,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Creek Tom View Post
I think you are thinking of the place where Shoney's used to be. It is now called Andy's.
Billy's Diner in on Hwy 55 near Morrison.
These places make their dinners by warming up cans...you can do that at home.
For a turkey day meal...I want the real thing.
You're absolutely right! I was talking to hubby about it today and he said the same thing. Billy's is the other one that's on 70S/Hwy 55 headed out toward Centertown. I'm not sure where Morrison is. I work so much and we've not been here all that long, I still don't know all the little towns.

Yes, but they wash the plates for you when you're done and put away the left overs. I don't have anyone to do that part for me at home. So out we'll go to find something that I don't have to cook, clean up after or put away when we're done. I'm taking full advantage of this suddenly small household!!

Old 11-24-2008, 11:27 AM

3 posts, read 5,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Anyone have - or know where to obtain - a list of restaurants open on Thanksgiving day? Our household has shrunk from 7 kids at home (2 weren't ours, they were 'bonus' kids) to 2 at home. I'm not cooking for 4 people!! Thought maybe this year we'd let someone else do the cooking and cleaning while we go back home, watch the game, and take a nap. I plan on enjoying this small family thing!!

And it doesn't necessarily have to be McMinnville. We'll go to Cookeville, Crossville, Murfreesboro. Just want some place open that day that will have a nice turkey dinner with all the goodies!!
Yes you can go to Golden Corrall on 1380 Interstate Drive Cookeville Tenn. I go to golden corrall here in virginia all the time it is very reasonable and great food

Old 11-24-2008, 11:30 AM

3 posts, read 5,167 times
Golden Corrall serves a great Thanksgiving Day dinner in cookeville. It is on 1380 Interstate Drive

Old 11-25-2008, 03:15 PM

1,113 posts, read 1,631,743 times
Golden Corral sounds like a good idea and you can take some with you for later. I love warm stuffing sandwiches with thin slices of turkey and cranberry sauce on sourdough bread. OMG.....can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee