Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:34 PM

204 posts, read 873,794 times

Advertisements

I wouldnt want to have the electricity bill. Reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 PM

290 posts, read 1,051,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmannsdq View Post
I wouldnt want to have the electricity bill. Reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
My house and the one next door used to go out at Christmas with lights. Nothing synced to music though.
It is sad though this year, neither one of us are displaying lights. Trying to save on our power bills. As a matter of fact, our whole street will be dark this year unless some of the other neighbors decorate a little later.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Gemkeeper, You owe me no apologies I do like the second video better (the one that has been around for a couple years) because of the music. You have a happy holiday season!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Buzz

Old 12-08-2008, 08:31 AM

630 posts, read 2,426,941 times
I love the creativity in the two houses.
I'm glad that I don't have their electric bills, but
I love driving by houses like that and look at all of the effort that they've
made.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:29 PM

I couldn't decorate my house that way living close to the Nashville airport. I'd be having airliners trying to land on my front lawn.
That would be a sight for the passengers, as the airliners are only a few hundred feet off the ground when they are either landing, or taking off, over our neighborhood.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:40 AM

630 posts, read 2,426,941 times
Thanks for the visual.
When I was younger, I lived in Los Angeles, while I went to college.
The only afordable apartment was within a half mile of the airport.
The planes were so close when they were landing that you could actually wave at the people looking through the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCam View Post
I couldn't decorate my house that way living close to the Nashville airport. I'd be having airliners trying to land on my front lawn.
That would be a sight for the passengers, as the airliners are only a few hundred feet off the ground when they are either landing, or taking off, over our neighborhood.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 20,959 times
Wow! What a sight! Very time consuming - but worth it! Now I'm in the Christmas spirit!

Old 12-09-2008, 05:10 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,673,559 times
I admire the originality and creativity and appreciate those who want to share in the Christmas spirit. I do hope the neighbors' bedrooms face the opposite direction with all those flashing lights.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsTn View Post
Thanks for the visual.
When I was younger, I lived in Los Angeles, while I went to college.
The only afordable apartment was within a half mile of the airport.
The planes were so close when they were landing that you could actually wave at the people looking through the windows.
That is the way it is at my house.
We were leaving Nashville to fly to Phoenix and actually took off over my house. I could see my street, house and my basset hound out in the back yard as we flew over. Don't worry, though, I had a neighbor kid take care of my hound while we were gone.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amysout View Post
Wow! What a sight! Very time consuming - but worth it! Now I'm in the Christmas spirit!
I don't know how many of you are from the Tri-Cities area, but years ago there were two houses that went all out on Gray Station Road. There were traffic jams during Christmas time. I remember one of the homeowners dressed up as Santa Claus, sat near the road and wished everyone a Merry Christmas. They even decorated their satellite dishes.

And, there was another one on Oakland in Johnson City, but I think it has been years since they had real big displays.

I like someone's comment above, who stated it reminded them of the movie "Christmas Vacation". That is exactly what I thought the first time I saw the videos. But, I have to admit, they are very cool to look at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee