U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:46 PM

116 posts, read 156,885 times

Advertisements

One of the reasons I lurk the TN forum is because we are actively looking to escape this.

Anyway, you need to post your picture to a websight, then you need to have the entire web address of the picture inside this -

[IMG]http//Whatever websight[/IMG]

I use tinypic.com. Downloaded the pic specifically for a forum. after it is downloaded, just copy the entire address on the left for use in forums, and pasted it in my message.

You can try it yourself by just right clicking on my picture, Properties, then copy the entire address for the picture, paste in your message, then surround it with the [IMG]....[/IMG]

Barry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 05:55 PM

This is my Neighbor:

And one of my favorites that has nothing to do with snow, caused by the depth of the frost. A huge frost heave with two potholes in it.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:56 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,943,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
One of the reasons I lurk the TN forum is because we are actively looking to escape this.

Anyway, you need to post your picture to a websight, then you need to have the entire web address of the picture inside this -

[IMG]http//Whatever websight[/IMG]

I use tinypic.com. Downloaded the pic specifically for a forum. after it is downloaded, just copy the entire address on the left for use in forums, and pasted it in my message.

You can try it yourself by just right clicking on my picture, Properties, then copy the entire address for the picture, paste in your message, then surround it with the

Barry
Thanks Barry. I thought that was how, but when I tried it, it didn't seem to work. Maybe I can preview it until it's posted. I have my pics uploaded to an album on here on City Data.
Gonna try another one and see if it comes through.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:04 PM

Here is another one of the dusting! LOL!. I hope this comes through.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
This is my Neighbor:

And one of my favorites that has nothing to do with snow, caused by the depth of the frost. A huge frost heave with two potholes in it.
The first one is beautiful!

Old 12-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 5 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,031,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalynx View Post
Hiknapster - make sure your camera is charged!!!!!
I got some fancy-pantsy camera for my birthday. Somehow I have it stuck on self-timer, which means I have only taken pics of people and pets that have since moved on by the time I snap the pic!

I think I finally figured it out.

Just know that if we get snow in Knoxville it is a minor miracle and if it is before Christmas it could possibly mean that the world has tilted on its axis and Armageddon is at hand.

Or maybe not.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:57 PM

11,128 posts, read 8,724,626 times
Speaking of snow, it is currently snowing the size of quarters here on the plateau and appears to be falling at a rate of about an inch an hour currently.

Took this picture the other day while out wandering in my yard with the hound.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...n/snowmutt.jpg

Old 12-11-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim918 View Post
The first one is beautiful!
Yeah, it looks beautiful.

Until you have to live in it 4-5 months a year.

I think what you guys have would be much better. You still get it, it is fun, maybe a pain in the butt at times, but then it is gone and you can go back outside and do something.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:08 PM

It's snowing right now as a matter of fact. Sticking too!

Old 12-11-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I got some fancy-pantsy camera for my birthday. Somehow I have it stuck on self-timer, which means I have only taken pics of people and pets that have since moved on by the time I snap the pic!

I think I finally figured it out.

Just know that if we get snow in Knoxville it is a minor miracle and if it is before Christmas it could possibly mean that the world has tilted on its axis and Armageddon is at hand.

Or maybe not.
I guess it isn't snowing there yet then huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee