Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:32 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandora1971 View Post
I agree with alleycat, the area around Madison Street is really nice. I spend a lot of time out at Dunbar Cave and Dunlop Park. The people who are from Clarksville are so nice. Unfortunately, we're moving to Ft. Riley, KS in a few weeks and i'm really gonna miss it here. I would love to move back after my husband gets out of the army.
Thank you and your husband for all you do to protect our country.

We'll leave a light on for you. Come back when you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM

44 posts, read 421,037 times
Talking what makes you like a place?

When I first came here 20 years ago everyone was always complaining they hated it here and wanted out. I came because I was a military wife, after divorce I stayed so the kids could finish school and I had been here so long it had become home. Now I like it because I have some really good friends and there are many of attractions I like. Back road drives (not as nice as some in MI) a lot of good fishing places, easy drive to the Smoky Mountains (YES!) Small churches everywhere that have special singing groups, home town ones and big name people.Most of all it is where God has me right now and I know he knows what is best.
If you are into a drinking night life this is not the place! You could show up dead in the river.
If any of my children lived in a town that is this cheap to live in I would be wherever they are. The Lord might be keeping me from that because we would not get a long as good if I was close to them. How is your life style compared to your children's? Will it be good to be in the same town or better to be a town or two away?
Land between the lakes is beautiful (take highway 79 to the Trace not hwy 24) Stop at the Elk and Bison drive around on the trace. Right after LBL is a small nice town in KY, Grand Rivers. Patti's settlement is there, the best pork chop in the world! A lake with a long walk out with a gazebo at the end, really nice.
What kind of travel work do you do?

Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,204,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis13 View Post
I currently Live in Ocala FL and moving to Clarksville TN very soon. I am looking for a job in clarksville. Can someone assist me in finding some kind of link or info where I can find what jobs are available. Where does the local employers normally post? I have attached my resume just in case someone is looking for someone like me interested in an administrative position. Thank you
Heather
My first thought after glancing at your resume is you should contact every mortgage company and bank in the area and arrange to send them your resume. If nothing seemed promising in that field, then I would look at larger real estate and insurance offices, and then larger businesses in general who might have need of someone with your experience.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:10 PM

132 posts, read 590,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis13 View Post
I currently Live in Ocala FL and moving to Clarksville TN very soon. I am looking for a job in clarksville. Can someone assist me in finding some kind of link or info where I can find what jobs are available. Where does the local employers normally post? I have attached my resume just in case someone is looking for someone like me interested in an administrative position. Thank you
Heather

Just curious. Are you originally from Naples? Once knew a person with your name here. I heard she was somewhere still in Florida.

Old 05-07-2007, 06:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,537 times
No I am from Ocala. I have applied to about 3 or 4 places already I m really just waiting for my house to sell here before we get serious. thank you for the Advice.

Old 05-12-2007, 05:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,095 times
As a Clarksville native I am a little bias but there are some great things about Clarksville. The cost of living is great and schools are pretty good. Although we might not have some of the major entertainment but Nashville is a short drive along with Land Between the Lakes if you like the outdoors. The tourism industry does not support that many jobs here. The Sango area is close to the interstate and a little more upscale. As far as Job posting check out the local news paper "The Leaf Chronicle" Franklin will cost you a good bit more but have some more upscale shopping and such.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:00 AM

17 posts, read 61,034 times
We love it here. We live in north Clarksville. It is growing, but our subdivision is quiet. We can always find things to do by ourselves as a couple and with our kids in C-ville. Plus we can always go to Nashville if we need to. PM me if you need any other help.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,414 times
I am a little late to this conversation but I hope you can get it. I was born and raised in clarksville. I was so ready to leave and see the country with thinking that it was so much more out there. I joined the navy and have been to some great places and got stationed in san diego and other than the weather, there is nothing better than clarksville. The cost of living is great, and the best thing is the people. I mean most people are very friendly, even if you aren't. The city is growing and Nashville is only a few miles away. I was always told the reason most people stay after getting out of the military is because they think it is a great place to raise their children. It is one place where your kids can go out and won't join a gang or smoke dope. Just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Nashville