U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-07-2009, 10:54 PM

731 posts, read 1,143,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vp2111 View Post
Thinking of moving to Sevierville Tenn. in the next few years to retire. Plan to visit and check out town some more but would like some input from locals as to how they like living there?
My sister in law has lived there for years. Loves the community and area, but hates the tourist traffic.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 05:02 PM

34 posts, read 64,190 times
I'd go to asheville or give the thumbs-up to eastern TN. too many people in charlotte made a living off of ever-escalating asset prices...be they mortgage people, bankers, stock brokers or insurance whizzes. now that their respective markets are stagnant...they are all scratching their heads in bewilderment. imagine...they might actually have to get jobs that add value...i.e...real jobs.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 AM

22,702 posts, read 17,627,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonVic View Post
Hello,

My husband is another one who has been affected by unemployment. The plant he worked at for 20 years shut down in October and we held out hope he'd find another job but he hasn't. We have visited the Smokey Mountains for many years and have often thought of moving to that area. Besides the beauty of the mountains the people are very helpful and friendly. We are Nascar fans also and have gone to the races at Charlotte so have thought about that area too. It's scary to start over when you have a family to take care of but we are being left with no choice. Any information that would help us decide what's best for our family would be helpful. We have 2 high school age kids and 2 dogs. I've noticed looking for places to rent there weren't many places accepting pets. For example how's the economy? also not being in this situation before I'm not even sure what questions to ask you. So any information will be so much appreciated. Thank you for reading my post.

I guess to be more clear as to the information we'd like are there jobs available in the Sevierville, Pigeon Forge area? How are the High schools in the area? How about Charlotte ? My husband did shipping and receiving for the 20 years at the factory. I'm new at doing postings can you tell? :-) From reading other postings people seem to be very friendly and helpful on here with information. So any info will be appreciated as we try to make a decision as to what to do. Someone may have gone through relocating and know of things we need to know before moving.
Any decent place you rent is going to verify your income. You might consider one of you coming here to look for work before you move the whole family permanently.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 AM

7 posts, read 10,311 times
cashmannsdq:

Thank you for responding....we actually have college tours set for Austin Peay and Belmont for the middle of June...will be setting up a couple of other visits also....I plan on visiting areas of interest that we would like to move to and Pleasantview is on the top of my list. Any other areas you could point out would be appreciated. Thank you so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee