Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:30 PM

11 posts, read 51,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
If you bought a foreclosed property, the bank has no way of accurately disclosing what is wrong with the property. Property which has not been lived in by the seller is exempt from Property Disclosure. However, you still would have been required to sign a Property Exemption Disclsoure Document that clearly makes you aware of this. You cannot purchase property without a Property Disclosure Doc or a Property Exemption Document. You should have had full knowledge that you were buying an exempt property in "as is" condition and the burden of inspecting the property would have fallen on you as the buyer of a foreclosed property. You should also have been given the time and the right to complete any tests or inspections that you felt were prudent prior to closing.
I bought a house that a Real Estate agent bought after HUD forclosed. They repaired this/that and installed a Sump Pump after witnessing standing water inside crawlspace BUT they did NOT inform me or disclose any defects. Cracks in foundation, open sewer pipe inside crawlspace, Sump Pump they installed, prior standing water, property drainage issues, or the 8" drain pipe that runs thru the property to which the sump pump is connected to. Mold is plainly visable on the floor joists. Water was/is entering crawlspace UNDER foundation, cracks, under CH&A system and thru blocks. By contacting TREC, BBB, Consumer Affairs, Channel 2,4, & 5, Lamar Alexander and Congressman Bart Gordon I WANT THIS TO STOP NOW. DISCLOSE, DISCLOSE, DISCLOSE everything you do to a home. WHY? PROTECT THE CONSUMERS HEALTH!!! "AS IS" does NOT cut it. Do NOT hide behind two words. I'll say two words "BS". The All mighty dollar$$ IS NOT WORTH IT!!

Old 05-26-2007, 09:33 PM

22 posts, read 70,938 times
Default Perk Test???

As a soon to be buyer in Tennessee would someone please explain to me what this is?

Old 05-27-2007, 07:33 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
A perk test is a test done to insure you can build on the land. That the ground drains properly to sustain the house and the septic system. Basically it insures that if you build a 3 bedroom 2 bath house on that land, the ground drains fast enough that you don't end up with standing sewage on your property.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:48 PM

My home was Real Estate agent owned and they did NOT disclose a lot of Major defects, so I have an Attorney on it.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:53 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,066,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamess View Post
My home was Real Estate agent owned and they did NOT disclose a lot of Major defects, so I have an Attorney on it.

Good luck, glad to hear you have attorney....

Old 05-30-2007, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellkids View Post
If you bought a foreclosed property, the bank has no way of accurately disclosing what is wrong with the property. Property which has not been lived in by the seller is exempt from Property Disclosure. However, you still would have been required to sign a Property Exemption Disclsoure Document that clearly makes you aware of this. You cannot purchase property without a Property Disclosure Doc or a Property Exemption Document. You should have had full knowledge that you were buying an exempt property in "as is" condition and the burden of inspecting the property would have fallen on you as the buyer of a foreclosed property. You should also have been given the time and the right to complete any tests or inspections that you felt were prudent prior to closing.
The Property Exemption Disclosure Document does NOT release you or the words "AS IS". "If" you know/knew of defects, as my case, you are liable for ALL damages. Do Not violate the [b]Tennessee Consumer Protection Act or commit Fraud, Breach of Contract or Misrepentation. Be HONEST to Your Client/Customer and follow your (Real Estate Agent) CODE of Ethics.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:33 PM

225 posts, read 1,143,726 times
Quote:
The Property Exemption Disclosure Document does NOT release you or the words "AS IS". "If" you know/knew of defects, as my case, you are liable for ALL damages. Do Not violate the [b]Tennessee Consumer Protection Act or commit Fraud, Breach of Contract or Misrepentation. Be HONEST to Your Client/Customer and follow your (Real Estate Agent) CODE of Ethics.
I don't blame you for being angry. However, I am NOT the individual who sold you the property, so your anger is misdirected. I am simply informing you of the state rules of Real Estate disclosure. I don't make the rules so you appear to be shooting the messenger. I AM extremely HONEST and always follow the code of ethics. You seem to be confusing my factual comments with your personal situation. However unfair you find the state's rules of disclosure to be, some properties in TN ARE EXEMPT from disclosure. They are not hidden exemptions, and buyers must sign giving approval that they are aware of the state exemption. Did you sign this? If you would like a copy of the TN Property Condition EXEMPTION form sent to you just let me know! I stand by my statements that EVERY property listed and sold in TN has to have one of two documents signed and submitted as part of the Purchase and Sale Agreement. You should have received, reviewed, and signed either a TN Property Condition Disclosure Form, OR a TN Property Condition Exemption Form. If you did not receive or sign either form then you have an lawsuit. If you purchased a property which was required to have a TN Property Condition Form completed and you were provided with a false or fraudulent disclosure document then you certainly have a lawsuit. IF you received, reviewed and signed the Property Exemption form, knowing that the condition of the property was not discloseable, and then proceeded to purchase this home without any inspections, then I don't know where you would stand with a lawsuit. Did you have ANY inspections completed on this home prior to closing? You haven't mentioned any inspections so it seems like you purchased an exempted, foreclosed property, without any inspections.

I'm glad you have an attorney and I truly hope things work out for you. Hopefully individuals reading this thread will find some valuable information and will save themself from the horrible experience that you have gone through.

Everyone needs to be aware of the Disclosure rules (whether or not you like them or agree with them.)

Home inspections should ALWAYS be completed on homes prior to closing...especially when buying exempted properties!

Old 05-30-2007, 08:43 PM

Default REO does not mean Real Estate Agent Owned

Quote:

You stated in your first post that you purchased an REO home and then stated your home was Real Estate Agent Owned. I wanted to clarify to anyone reading this that REO does not mean the home was owned by a Realtor. REO simply means Real Estate Owned by the lender - it is a foreclosed property. REOs are purchased all the time by investors for the purposes of flipping the property. A real estate agent could have purchased an REO home and then resold it on the market but at that point it would not have been an REO property.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:13 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,312,828 times
WellKids,
Am I correct on my believe that if the Real Estate agent owns a home they are selling it has to be listed on the MLS sheet as a Owner/Agent?
Just curious here.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
WellKids,
Am I correct on my believe that if the Real Estate agent owns a home they are selling it has to be listed on the MLS sheet as a Owner/Agent?
Just curious here.
Yes, the MLS must reflect that the property is being sold by an owner/agent. There would also be an additional Personal Interest Disclosure & Consent form that would have to be signed by the buyer before proceeding with an offer. A Personal Interest Disclosure and Consent form is required anytime an agent is involved with selling their own property, or a property owned by a family member or business/organization in which the agent has a personal interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee