Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:19 AM

26 posts, read 101,733 times

Advertisements

Hiknapster; i am terrified by bad weather too. my sons call me "the weather lady" because as soon i see dark clouds i start looking to the doppler radar. you see, we lost our house in the 98 tornadoes in central fl...we were inside.ive been trough hurricanes, but i lived in an all cement house .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,273,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc77 View Post
Hiknapster; i am terrified by bad weather too. my sons call me "the weather lady" because as soon i see dark clouds i start looking to the doppler radar. you see, we lost our house in the 98 tornadoes in central fl...we were inside.ive been trough hurricanes, but i lived in an all cement house .
I lived in Orlando during those tornadoes. That was my first scrape with a tornado. I wasn't affected but it was really scary. I can't even imagine what you went through!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:46 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
795 posts, read 2,804,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by acc77 View Post
shenandoah;i just bought a little piece of property there! im not planning to live there yet, but is nice to know of some body as excited as iam for the longest garage sale! we bought around Benton, my husband saw bigger tracts of land around Old Fort. Ilove animals too!
We'll try to fit in a visit to the Old Fort / Ocoee area, but the more I look, the more places I like! We'll only be down for a week, so like TriDad, we'll have to try to fit in as many places as possible in that length of time. Which includes checking out various pieces of real estate that I've printed out - and will print out just before we leave, and look for a job for hubby. If things look positive, hubby will rent an apartment while we're there, I'll come home, grab the dog and come down and join hubby. Hopefully, the house will be sold by then, but if not, it's ok. The house is paid for, so we've got the luxury of not having to wait to sell the house before buying other property.

I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:25 AM

13,905 posts, read 3,377,879 times
Hey guys! Talk about bad weather. It's pouring rain here. Downtown is flooded. The main route in and out of town is closed. Most of the streets in town are closed. People are being evacuated and there are trees and electric lines down everywhere. Kids in the next town over are stuck at school, parents can't get to the school to get them so their planning to keep them at the school overnight. My daughter is trapped downtown and can't get to her house so she's on her way here. It's not supposed to stop raining for the next three days. We have 50 mile an hour winds as well. I probably won't have lights for very much longer. Fortunately we have all sorts of camping gear, lanterns, stoves etc. and we have a wood stove so we'll probably be fine. We just can't get off the street. How's the weather down there??

Old 04-16-2007, 09:53 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,208,916 times
It was cool this morning in Nashville, but not really cold. It's sunny now and probably in the low 60s. It feels great as long as you're in the sun.

But, we have been having some of the strangest weather I can remember. Even a few flurries of snow in April is unusually. And the weekend before we tied the record for coldest day in April ever.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM

7,280 posts, read 21,317,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northcountrygirl View Post
Hey guys! Talk about bad weather. It's pouring rain here. Downtown is flooded. The main route in and out of town is closed. Most of the streets in town are closed. People are being evacuated and there are trees and electric lines down everywhere. Kids in the next town over are stuck at school, parents can't get to the school to get them so their planning to keep them at the school overnight. My daughter is trapped downtown and can't get to her house so she's on her way here. It's not supposed to stop raining for the next three days. We have 50 mile an hour winds as well. I probably won't have lights for very much longer. Fortunately we have all sorts of camping gear, lanterns, stoves etc. and we have a wood stove so we'll probably be fine. We just can't get off the street. How's the weather down there??

Geesh! Be careful and good luck! My thoughts are with you and your family.
It was VERY strange weather here in the Tri-Cities yesterday, rain turned to snow for several hours. I can't remember an odder April in TN. Most of the country, from mid west to East Coast seems to be getting odd weather right now. You guys be safe and wait it out. Please let us know you are ok when you can.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 PM

7,539 posts, read 17,228,595 times
I happened to be in Johnson City at Books a Million when the rain turned to snow. Gosh, I've never seen such big flakes!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM

Hey! Just got the internet back. Main street downtown is now closed as are most of the roads in town. The national guard just showed up because as of now there is no way out of town. Some of the streets are gone, they've washed right out. We jumped in the blazer and went for a ride. We had to stop and help remove a rather large pine tree that came down in the middle of the road. We drove over some bridges where the water is more than a foot deep over the road. The pavement is collapsing from the water running under the roads. We are surrounded by rivers here and they're all flowing over the roads right now. At least the rain has let up. I don't know how long it will be before we can get out of town. Most people downtown have been evacuated to the high school which sits on a hill. At least everybody seems to be safe. The damage is almost as bad as the last flood we had last may on Mother's Day.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 PM

117 posts, read 488,328 times
THATS TERRIBLE!!, Is your family ok? Are you ok? How is the house? I will pray for you and your family! Keep us informed when you can!

Old 04-17-2007, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen1972 View Post
THATS TERRIBLE!!, Is your family ok? Are you ok? How is the house? I will pray for you and your family! Keep us informed when you can!
Hi! We lost electricity last night right after I left the post. The rain has let up but we got over 5 inches of rain yesterday. A couple of roads are open now and I was able to make it to work this morning. My family is okay, thanks. We had some near misses with trees and branches coming down in the backyard but the house is still standing. The creek is running through the backyard (unfortunately there isn't supposed to be one). One end of my street is completely gone and there is still a small lake in the middle of town. My daughter was a little nervous because she couldn't get home. It's hard when you can't get to your family. The road was washed out on both sides of her house so she couldn't get in and her husband and kids couldn't get out. She could drive to about 1/4 mile from her house and could get no further. Luckily we live in the country. Eventually one of her neighbors took his back hoe and filled the road in enough so she could get home. Thank god for neighbors There are a couple of damns everybody is worried about if the rain continues. It isn't supposed to stop raining until late Thursday but at least it's not raining so hard. The National Guard was gone this morning so that's a good sign. Right now it's snowing! Go figure. Thanks for your prayers! I know they helped
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee