Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:11 PM

3 posts, read 18,560 times

Advertisements

I too am interested in moving to Alabama or tennesse.I'm single,52 years old.The information I'm interested in is mixed couples.I'm white but I only date black men.I like smaller towns with at least 9,000 people,no more than 20,000.Am I going to have problems living in those states?Any info would be appreciated.I'm enclosing my email address, mamagirl55@hotmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 01:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,540 times
Default Best small town near Spring City

Pollycat,
You may want to check out Oak Ridge, TN if you are interested in school systems. It is one of the top 100 in the U.S. due to the Oak Ridge National Lab and content of citizens that work for the Gov't.
We are relocating from Australia to TVA and bought a home in Oak Ridge last year. It's rented now but we will move in next spring. We are looking for temporary rental ourselves until then.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:47 AM

65 posts, read 219,837 times
AND DON'T FORGET THEY HAVE A NUCLEAR WORKERS RESOURCE CENTER IN OAK RIDGE FOR LATER COMPENSATION.goooo NUKES! my brother talked me into buying my land and the way off the mountain after i made my first payment i saw this air raid siren "that's in case of another three mile iland incedent.then i saw the steam from the cooling towers about eye level from his mountain top living room.oh well i trust our govertment safetey standards set in sixtys from test paid for by an american x-ray machine compaAany when the israelis burned ring worm from fellow morrocan jjewish lesser class imagrants.
I bought a book that was retired from the rhea county school system in spring city about pollution written in the sixties that said the nuclear scientist were dumping two defferent less than harmful isotopes in an experament that involved tracking them miles down river had actualy bonded together into a highly dangerous form of radiation. needless to say the test was stopped imediately and dumping in rivers was no longer cosidered an option again. Oh and why are we still debating DDT .letters in the local papers are being published by our farm burea goverment extension guy about the farce of the silent spring.Well sit in your trailer on your one acre with your windows wide open while the synthetic urea sprayer fertilizes the other 39 acre hay feild you live in and breath deep . enjoy your petroleum molecule chemical cocktail and say i feel fine ,no really i feel fine . right?right!

Last edited by Halfback; 11-18-2007 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: YEAH I KNOW WAY OFF BASE . ITS LATE TIME TO GO.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:17 PM

8 posts, read 46,781 times
I know I'm WAAAAAY late but we're from Eastern NY looking perhaps to move to the Spring City area, my man is going to retire from the Navy this fall. Go Nukes!

Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 AM

10 posts, read 28,841 times
Default House for rent

I have a newly renovated rental house in a Watts Bar Private Community on Watts Bar Lake; Quiet area with no thru traffic; about 25 minutes from TVA Nuclear Plant; 3 Bdrm/2 full baths, large Walk-in closet, wrap around porch (3 sides); outside mud room; porch swing; 1 + acres with very large back yard surrounded with privacy fence. Short walk to the private community park with boat ramp access. $725.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee