Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Seeking to move from California to Faragut Tennessee, interested in schools and home prices, granite and tile trade jobs in area

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 09:32 PM

61 posts, read 244,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_fan View Post
Its nuthin personal but ever stop to think were a lil tired of all the families from either up North or out West moving in our small close nit communities and trying to make us change our ways to adjust to theres?.. Im not saying ALL families, but alot of folks dont like our pace and our ways of doing things and look kinda akward trying to fit in.

For example one of the best friends I've ever made moved down here to Athens Tn in McMinn county 2 years ago from Upstate New York. He came by himself with a carload of clothes and thats it. Didnt know a soul, didnt talk with our "Southern twang". He presented himself with a job resume, gave honest truthful reasons why he transplanted himself here and it has worked out perfectly for him. The key is.. he didnt go around asking all the natives why do ya'll do this? or how do ya'll do that?
He just blended in quietly, learned the ways of the local folks without losing his own personality. I guess some folks are different and they have an agenda for everything.
Point Im trying to make is,East Tennessee is what it is. It wont ever be Atlanta Ga, or Houston Texas and hopefully it doesnt get too over-crowded.
I completely agree with you! Anyone having the privilage to move to TN should blend in quietly and be thanking God they can have the kind of life you all have. What's the point in moving there just to try to change things? I say to them, "go home"!! Trust me, I could go on and on about how CA has changed and why it's changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 09:49 PM

4 posts, read 10,342 times
Default Great place to live

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricker View Post
janelle-Two families recently moved into my neighborhood from CA. I think it is wonderful that people from other states appreciate what Tennesse has to offer. When I was in college and traveled to other states many people I encountered thought people in TN lived like the Beverly Hillibillies before they struck oil. I have lived in Morristown TN my entire life and I think it is great that people from other states are beginning to appreciate what we have here.
Tricker,
It's so nice to hear someone who understands what I'm saying. We do think you all have a lot to offer and would like to a part of it, not change it. It seems some people are very upset that we want to move to get away from what our once small town has lost. It sounds like TN even in all its growth is still down to earth with good morals and values. And thats all we want for our families. Its a compliment to you all that so many families like ourselves want to move out there. Thanks for the support!!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:51 PM

98 posts, read 388,171 times
I just hope that our state doesnt wind up like North Carolina and parts (not all) of Georgia.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:00 AM

61 posts, read 244,364 times
I'm not familiar with what is going on in those states. I don't know about TN, but here in CA the growth has a lot to do with our city and state officials. Our city officials were crooks and were all dismissed. Some are facing criminal charges and jail time. They were there for their own agenda. Our city has suffered greatly for it. Just because there's land, doesn't mean they have to build homes on it. Our city has been over built and our freeways and side streets can't handle it. Now, they're working on that. BACKWARDS! Then the builders come in and build homes so close together that you can hear your neighbor sneeze. They build tract homes with 6 & 7 bedrooms so multiple familes can move in to one house. And the worse thing of all is the English language is becoming secondary! I think the blame is on the city and government officials. So if you all have a voice that they will listen to, then TN will stay the wonderful state that it is.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:30 AM

119 posts, read 383,777 times
I love TN because it is just beautiful...and everyone so far has been so friendly. We are in no way fleeing from Indiana...I have lived here all my life....but I think TN is going to be a wonderful and welcome change for us transplanted Hoosiers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee