U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 02:38 PM

6,290 posts, read 20,565,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I think you can get crappie around Knoxville, too, perhaps Norris Lake. I wonder why they don't sell it in the restaurants?
Crappie are rather small generally. And I don't know of any place that raises them commercially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 06:47 PM

3 posts, read 5,701 times
This might sound weird, but will I be able to find sushi in Murfressboro?

Old 04-30-2007, 06:57 PM

6,290 posts, read 20,565,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s06er View Post
This might sound weird, but will I be able to find sushi in Murfressboro?
I'm pretty sure you will. There's a little thing known as Nissan Motor Manufacturing USA just down the road. There's a few Japanese folks around.

;-)

Old 05-01-2007, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,117 times
don't forget chocolate gravy and biscuits

Old 05-01-2007, 07:38 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
793 posts, read 2,518,176 times
Now, I love sausage gravy and biscuits, and I love chocolate. I love honey on my biscuits too, and real butter, not that fake spread. How much better can ya get than chocolate and biscuits! Whooohoo!

Crappie will be on the list too, to try out. I've had frogs legs in Quebec, couldn't stand them, tasted like meatie swamp mud. YUK! Maybe they're better made in the south, than the French Quebecois' makes them, but we'll see.

I've got a new job, so won't be on much, but will try to pop in now and then to see how things are going, plus will let all know when we're coming down. I've already requested the last week of November off from the job, so that's all set! I told them that we're looking to buy land for a vacation and retirement home for our 'later years'. Just in case I can't transfer to a local office.

blessings - there's storm warnings out right now locally, so I'm going to log offline.

Shen

Old 05-01-2007, 10:11 PM

22,538 posts, read 46,123,072 times
Wow. That looks like a lot of rain! Be safe!

Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
Quote:
Wow. That looks like a lot of rain! Be safe!
A tornado touched down north of us last nite. We just got high winds, rain and some hail.
No matter where we move to, the house Will Definitely have a basement!

blessings, Shen

Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 AM

22,538 posts, read 46,123,072 times
I rapidly learned that you need a basement or tornado shelter. I wonder if there are any websites that explain how to make one?

I'm glad you are okay!

Old 05-03-2007, 08:03 AM

1,986 posts, read 5,869,702 times
I like the fried cucumber, squash, asparagus. As well as Fried Green Tomato's.
On native plants, can't beat american persimmons, paw paw's, the best if it is ripe.

Old 05-03-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I rapidly learned that you need a basement or tornado shelter. I wonder if there are any websites that explain how to make one?

I'm glad you are okay!
I'm sure there's gotta be a website out there, for a DIY storm shelter instructions. Heck, if there's online instructions for nuclear bombs (must be some of them OR people , there's gotta be instructions for a storm shelter!

Beautiful BEAUTIFUL day out today! The breeze was a bit cool, but just seeing the clear blue skies and sunshine, just brightened my day! I'm enjoying my new job, GREAT Company! They've offices in Chattanooga, Knoxville and Brentwood, altho, the closest one that fits my job would be in Alpharetta GA - too much of a commute from TN! LOL! They just transferred an entire unit to Alpharetta GA from my office, with none taking the relocation offered. I would've snatched it up. Anyway, my boss was telling me this, and I asked if there was any danger of our unit being relocated? She said there's no certainties, but it's doubtful. I told her that if our unit gets relocated, I'm hoping that it gets relocated to TN! I told her that we're coming down in November to look for vacation and eventual retirement property. Which is the truth. Just that vacation property will be year round vacation, as well as our plans to turn it into THE family vacation spot so family will come down to visit. If I need to work when we move down, then we may need to live close enough to a city, like Brentwood or Chattanooga, within a 30 - 35 mile commute range. I work in the insurance field, and have heard about Nashville being a huge insurance mecca. But, our Precert Dept moved to GA - so, that leaves other insurance companies hopefully that will hire me.

Summertime, when everyone is getting rid of their overloaded gardens filled with zucchini, putting bags full of tomatoes and zucchini on your desk, your porch, in your car or truck without you asking - I make fried zucchini, and fried green tomatoes. Along with zucchini bread, zucchini lasagna, zucchini pie, pickled zucchini - starting to sound like Forrest Gump.... anyway, I LOVE fresh veggies. And I cannot wait for that first fresh tomato! When we come down, I'll have to get some of those special tomatoes - I can't remember what they're called - Spiegel?? Anyway, I'll get some and see what the difference is.

This post is turning into an essay, so I'll quit ------ for now!~

blessings, Shen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or