U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2007, 07:31 PM

22,538 posts, read 46,123,072 times

Advertisements

Shen, I do believe that Blue Cross and Blue Shield has their corporate offices in Chattanooga. Split will confirm this for us, I am sure.

I worked for Commerce Insurance for four years, many years ago. Insurance companies pay very well.

And you can't do badly moving to Georgia, either. Keep that in mind. The south is the south.

The tomatoes are called Grainger County tomatoes and you can grow your own here. It is the soil that makes them taste so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
793 posts, read 2,518,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Shen, I do believe that Blue Cross and Blue Shield has their corporate offices in Chattanooga. Split will confirm this for us, I am sure.

I worked for Commerce Insurance for four years, many years ago. Insurance companies pay very well.

And you can't do badly moving to Georgia, either. Keep that in mind. The south is the south.
Insurance companies do pay pretty well.

Well, wherever God leads us, we'll go. Whether it's staying here in PA, or moving out of state. It's all in His hands. There's nice property with a good amount of acreage outside of Columbia, which is still in commuting range of Brentwood TN. As well as some outside of Chattanooga. The surrounding commuities outside of Atlanta Georgia were on my list before I discovered TN. We'll see. It's all in God's hands.

blessings, Shen

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
The tomatoes are called Grainger County tomatoes and you can grow your own here. It is the soil that makes them taste so good.

With my luck, they'll acquire that 'Evil Sentience' and try to take over the world, so I won't be able to enjoy munching on them. Then again, that's how you prevent them from taking over the world. By munching on them.

Guaranteed, I will have a veggie garden there!! And there'll be Grainger tomatoes in there!

My dog hates, HATES groundhogs - she's already killed one, and attacked another. I've had to pull her off of the last one, as it was a BIG one! I've seen the damage that a groundhog can do to a dog, and don't want my Zihna hurt. But, at least, she'll guard my garden! I don't know if she likes tomatoes or not, but I'll offer her one as a reward. Then she'll know what she's guarding!

blessings, Shen

Old 05-03-2007, 07:46 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,819,272 times
I'll confirm that.....

Blue Cross HQ is in Chattanooga. So is Unum-Provident! And I believe CIGNA has an office there as well.

I'll be contracting with all of them, and could ask around if they have openings once we get up there

(how did the food thread turn into insurance?)

Old 05-03-2007, 07:51 PM

Thanks TriDad! This Tennessee forum is a lot like Southern conversations. They meander all over the place. And our sweet moderators know this.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:55 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,819,272 times
Post Book of the Month club recommendation...

reminds me of book I read..... "Men are like Waffles...Women are like Spaghetti" It's kind of like the Christian version of the Mars-Venus type books.

it may be my imagination, but there are more women posters than men, and that would explain the lucidity here

[please Lord, hope I didn't open up a can of worms here]

Old 05-03-2007, 07:59 PM

7,281 posts, read 18,720,196 times
Worms, worms, worms, coming out of that can everywhere....you silly, silly man!

Just kidding

Old 05-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDad View Post
I'll confirm that.....

Blue Cross HQ is in Chattanooga. So is Unum-Provident! And I believe CIGNA has an office there as well.

I'll be contracting with all of them, and could ask around if they have openings once we get up there
Thanks, TriDad! I used to work in the Precert Dept of a local Pittsburgh area medical insurance company, know HMO's pretty well, as well as Medicaid. Now, I'm with Liberty Mutual, in their Central Billing Unit for Medical Claims. I've looked on the online website for the state Medicaid job site, and have seen openings for the Knoxville area. I was soooooo tempted to send my resume, but Lou isn't ready (he's not on these forums), and is quite a bit more cautious than me. He'll make a few phone calls in different areas inquiring about jobs a month or so before we come down in November, plus while we're there, he'll check with a few in person. So, even if we end up in an area where there's no insurance companies, heck, I've done filing before, can do it again. Or, can work at a Dr's office or hospital in billing. What I should do is take a course in transcription so I can work from home! We'll see, and will plan accordingly when we're down there. If there's road construction, excavating, or ditch digging needing heavy machinery, Lou can get a job. Plus, I've got Ebay to sell stuff! I'm not going to worry or fret about where I can work. Wherever we end up, I'll see what's around. God is good, and has blessed us. He blessed us with one another, when both of us had given up that there was actually someone out there for us!

blessings, Shen

Old 05-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Worms, worms, worms, coming out of that can everywhere....you silly, silly man!
Just kidding
Speaking of food....

ever eat chocolate covered worms?

Old 05-03-2007, 08:12 PM

TriDad: You bring much needed comic relief. When we need the voice of reason, we turn to your wife, BeachByrd!

Shen: Your incredible company is paying me my benefits, while I have been out of work. They have been AWESOME!

Thank you to Shen and your company!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or