U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 PM

13,905 posts, read 3,130,894 times

Advertisements

If you currently hold an out-of-state class 'A' CDL license can that license be transferred in the state of Tennessee or do you have to get a completely new license. Anybody know?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 07:39 PM

31 posts, read 98,742 times
I just moved to TN from NJ and I have a class B cdl and it transfered over with out retesting. Just a vision test and proof of ID and residencey. It might be different if you have a Haz endorsement, you might have to go through the finger printing and background check again. I hope this helps.

Old 04-05-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhome View Post
I just moved to TN from NJ and I have a class B cdl and it transfered over with out retesting. Just a vision test and proof of ID and residencey. It might be different if you have a Haz endorsement, you might have to go through the finger printing and background check again. I hope this helps.
Thanks That does help. My husband has a CDL and he would like to keep it when we move to TN. He had Haz Mat certification but he let it lapse because he really didn't want to deal with that. I tried to look it up but I couldn't find it on any web sites so thanks again for the help

Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM

98 posts, read 365,730 times
so what brings you to our neck of the woods ? sick of the cold and taxes up there in the "live free or Die" state??

Old 04-06-2007, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_fan View Post
so what brings you to our neck of the woods ? sick of the cold and taxes up there in the "live free or Die" state??
All of that and more. My husband and I grew up on farms. We settled in a small country community and lived happily until people started to move up from Boston. They were trying to escape the high taxes. Unfortunately, they then began to turn our small town into the city that they left. The people are rude, they've driven the taxes through the roof,They have no respect for anybody, Parents don't take any responsibility for their children and it's become a me,me,me kind of environment where what you've got is all your worth. I think I'm about the only mother left in town that actually puts a meal on the table every night and I work full time to. I teach my children respect and you best believe that you are acountable for your actions. Everybody in my house is at the table for dinner. We originally thought about moving to northern maine where my husband grew up but the urban sprawl has caught up with Aroostook county too. We did research on TN, Kentucky, Georgia and North and South Carolina and rural Tennessee seems like the best fit. It's all about the people. I just woke up one day and something was telling me I needed to go to TN. I've been driven ever since. We came down to visit last week and spent a lot of time talking to natives and visiting areas and just knew it was the place we belonged. We've made an offer on a 1940's original Tennessee house that is in horrible dis-repair that we really want to save before some "House Flippers" get ahold of it. So after rambling on and on and sounding off I would say people, peace and family values.

Old 04-06-2007, 10:55 AM

98 posts, read 365,730 times
Good luck! I did hear that parts of New England are very unaccepting of outsiders and even of there own. I guess Snooty is the word I'm looking for.

Last edited by Braves_fan; 04-06-2007 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: spell

Old 04-06-2007, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braves_fan View Post
Good luck! I did hear that parts of New England are very unaccepting of outsiders and even of there own. I guess Snooty is the word I'm looking for.
Yeah! I've read that on here too!! I don't find that to be true where I come from. I guess if you live in the cities or suburbs it may be true but I can tell you from reading on this forum that people where I come from are not that different than they are there. I think it has more to do with being brought up in the country than it does what state you come from. We do believe in "Live Free or Die" and it's not true here anymore. It has more to do with being raised with strong values. at least in NH. If your talking Mass I would agree with you. If you were to come to this part of New England, trust me you wouldn't know you had even left home. (Well, except for the fact that right now you'd be wading through a foot of snow). Come in the summer.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:44 PM

61 posts, read 564,609 times
Northcountrygirl...so, you think maybe you're the only mother who puts a meal on the table each night for her family, and (bless your heart) you work too. Poor baby. Stay where you are. You'll soon become discontented with Tennessee...or anywhere else you might go.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frbenson View Post
Northcountrygirl...so, you think maybe you're the only mother who puts a meal on the table each night for her family, and (bless your heart) you work too. Poor baby. Stay where you are. You'll soon become discontented with Tennessee...or anywhere else you might go.

I would have responded to this alot sooner but I didn't see it until I went back in here to write down the information. If you read my post I said that I was the only mother left in THIS town who put a meal on the table every night and worked too. Not that I was the only one. Oh and by the way. I've read enough on this forum to know what "bless your heart" means. I was only trying to say that I was moving because the people here don't share the same values as I do anymore.

Old 04-10-2007, 06:56 PM

22,576 posts, read 49,579,886 times
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I don't get that post, either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee