U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:55 PM

4,728 posts, read 8,894,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
I'm from Romulus, Michigan. Been here 17 years. And my husband is an Owner Operator.Averitt Express
I lived on Grosse Ile, MI, Starwalker. Small world. Is your husband's business located near the airport? I know that there are several there on Northline Rd. and Eureka. The name sounds familiar.

I hope you find what you need. You are in good hands here on the Knoxville forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2007, 10:59 PM

323 posts, read 663,217 times
LOL. It is a small world. We lived at 9137 Hannan Rd and my husbands family lived on Eureka. He is now working for himself but is contracted to Tran Tech up there. My daughter was born in Ypsilanti at Beyer hospital. My son at Oakwood and my middle son at Garden City Hospital.

We went up last year for my brothers funeral. I was just amazed and sickened at the same time. The quaint grocery store we used to shop at sold and is now some sort of market. Very grundy looking. The wide open fields along Ecourse Rd...Is all manufactured home sub divisions. It has changed so much. It was much better 17 years ago.

Both of us have family members still there. Although his brother and his family are moving to Sparta this month and his sister and family are moving within 2 years to Gainesboro.

Last edited by Starwalker Fallen Angel; 11-10-2007 at 11:07 PM..

Old 11-11-2007, 09:26 AM

4,728 posts, read 8,894,063 times
Smile It is a small world, Starwalker.

Amazing, Starwalker. We were almost neighbors. I was living there at the time you left. Only my last son was born in MI at Hutzel.

We still have our oldest son there working for Roush Automotive designing engines for Ford. So, we get up pretty often. They are living in Monroe, however, and it is pretty much the same sleepy town it always was.

I hope that your husband will be able to move his business to the Knoxville area. It is certainly in a prime location for a trucking business.

It is amazing to drive through the area, especially anywhere around Telegraph, Eureka and thru Dearborn. It is vastly changed and now with the downturn in the auto industry, it is really hurting.

How fortunate we are to have found Tennessee as a new home. I wish all four of my sons and their families would find their way here. Once we move in they may be swayed. They are all engineers and could easily work anywhere.

It's great talking to you about places long past.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:30 AM

17 posts, read 44,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2 View Post
Hi. I am currently living in Michigan and am thinking of moving to TN. Anyone from Michigan down there?
WE MOVED FROM MI. TO KNOX.TN.3 YRS.AGO .I THINK THE STATE IS JUST GORGEOUS,WE R MOVING AS SOON AS R HOME RENTS OR SELLS THOUGH DUE TO STAGNET HOME IMPROVEMENT WORK THAT MY HUBBY DOES.BUT I THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT IN TN. WINTERS ARE A LOT MILDER ALSO.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:13 AM

459 posts, read 1,099,580 times
Quote:
Hi. I am currently living in Michigan and am thinking of moving to TN. Anyone from Michigan down there?
Are you kidding? You might want to turn the light out when you leave. Everyone else is already here.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:11 AM

4 posts, read 6,788 times
for some reason, every time i see cookeville, i know that is where we will end up. gotta get out of michigan too. hubbys had 4 back surgeries and both have arthritis-will tn work for us?

Old 11-24-2007, 09:29 PM

323 posts, read 663,217 times
Yep, The cold isn't as bad and doesn't last as long. Great for old Arthur. I have Rhuematoid and DH has arthritis in his leg where he had it injured in a car accident in 1990.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:29 AM

7,281 posts, read 18,703,493 times
Just a note here about TN and arthritis. It will depend on WHAT flares up your arthritis as to whether it will be better or worse for you here in TN. If it is just the cold, than yes it will be better because we have a shorter cold season and very rarely and if so, not for long, get below zero. But if your flair ups are due to temp changes, be careful. It is not uncommon, actually very common from about late October to April to have 30 or more degrees temp change in a 12 hour period. Hubby and I both have bad knees, his from a few surgeries, mine from a degenerative thing, both can tell you when it will rain or snow and I am under 40, he just over LOL! The drastic temp change in a short time effect us both but nothing unbearable but that is person to person of course.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM

4 posts, read 7,983 times
Smile Many Michigan folks here in Sunny TN

Quote:
I can give you names of a few former Michigan people, since I am a Realtor and sold them properties. Only one I know has moved back because grand kids would not travel to TN to see them. I moved here 10 years ago from upstate New York after I buried my pickup truck in the driveway full of snow... We love it here. Good down to earth folks, good churches, good weather, low property taxes, no state income tax, they play real Christmas music in stores and are not ashamed to do so, politically correct is Christianity since we are in the Bible belt, beautiful Smoky Mountains. I think it is God's country.. [mod] DM this info please [/mod]

Last edited by mbmouse; 12-06-2007 at 11:07 AM..

Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM

15 posts, read 36,295 times
Default Michigander in Tennessee

We moved to the Nashville area a few weeks ago. We are originally Michiganders and just keep moving South to find the good jobs! The people here are very friendly and the school system in Williamson County is awesome. We have been gone from Michigan for almost 3 years. We moved to KY first and didn't care for it at all. We still miss home of course but we like it here too! We would love to meet people that have relocated to the Nashville area from Michigan!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or