U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 PM

29 posts, read 107,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
What about jobs???
just kidding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2007, 04:00 PM

26,928 posts, read 38,183,267 times
Quote:
Bottom line - there are two types of currency: money, and time. You can make and lose fortunes, but you can only spend time at the same rate as everyone else. So, you need to spend time wisely.
Truer words were never spoken

Old 04-13-2007, 11:08 PM

78 posts, read 254,188 times
Beautiful ideas shared here. We are also looking to cash out of California and move our family to a place that we can raise our kids with peace of mind and moral values. We are tired of the traffic. I teach at a school with 45% EL (hispanic) population and I'm not a spanish speaker. There is gang graffiti on the walls bordering our subdivision on a weekly basis. It gets cleaned up and then returns. We want to live in a beautiful place not just be able to drive to one in an hours time. Life is too short. Any and all suggestions of areas are greatly appreciated.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:38 AM

1,268 posts, read 3,958,076 times
Hi Thirtyish,

I replied to your thread at "New pics of Johnson City." Please see my reply.

Old 04-15-2007, 12:36 PM

47 posts, read 170,010 times
Windsong. You must be close to me. I am 12 miles south of Crossville. Also on a small ranch and I also moved here from California (I am from Germany originally) The Plateau is truly unique and I built a very nice horse facility here. Unfortunately we are having to pack up and move to a bigger city for several reason and will have to go back to boarding. (if anybody is looking for a ready made horse property feel free to email me.)
I think the Plateau is a wonderful place if you have the means to cash out in CA and buy your place outright here, hence not have the mortgage to worry about or if you are retired or semi retired. Kind of just depends on your type of business. But its truly a beautiful area around here. Waterfalls on the side of the road, flowers, trees in blossom or in the fall when the side of the mountains are displaying the most incredible colors. And when you get to look back down the valley, that's quiet the view. So if you are considering TN I would absolutely check out the Cumberland Plateau. Absolutely beautiful drive when you come up to the Plateau!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:08 PM

38 posts, read 132,800 times
Interested in the Cumberland Plateau area. What town should I consider. I have 3 boys ages 15,12, and 10 so schools are important.Also sports and water activities are important. Places close by to shop would help too.Also considering opening up a pizza business for income will it be a good place to start a new business. Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee