U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2008, 06:38 AM

14,944 posts, read 26,665,395 times

Advertisements

Absolutely fascinating thread. Your combined stories could make an awesome book or production.

Shout out to GBH!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM

196 posts, read 565,665 times
Holy Crap. You guys make Cookeville sound quite spooky.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:10 AM

41 posts, read 169,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lutarian View Post
Holy Crap. You guys make Cookeville sound quite spooky.
You're right! Lived here my whole life (almost 46 years), and been scared the whole time!

Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM

196 posts, read 565,665 times
I hope that was sarcasm.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:50 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,212,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veragemini View Post
Here is a webpage I found interesting. I grew up in Kingsport, TN which is in the Northeast near the VA stateline. I have been to Sensebaugh Tunnel, 5 caves. Kingsport is also known for Rotherwood Mansion & some ghostly apparitions there. I love watching those Haunted America shows on the Travel channel.
Let us know where you decide to check out!
I've been to the tunnel and 5 caves! We would always go as teens and turn off the car at midnight to see if we could hear the witch laughing. We never did, but it was still creepy. The story behind Rotherwood is a good one too.
Also, supposedly there is a ghost in the old library building at ETSU.
Nice thread and great stories, OneKEighty!

Old 08-26-2008, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,846 times
alley cat, hello I am new to this blog. I am looking for help with my sons "imaginary friend" But I just wanted to reply that when I first moved here, we stayed at the Reed House, and I have seen the lady and the soldier. I did not know it wass haunted when we decided to stay their, just thought it was a great location, and a nice hotel untill we found a house!

Hello how are you today, I was just posting to say that in the Reed House, it is not room 311, this is the room that the Hotel tell's people that the murder of the lady occured. The actual room is 309, they try to rent this room out, but everytime, she will flood the room, cave in the roof..... I found the room on my own, and then a maid at the hotel told me a little more. The room was locked from the inside, with the latch, not a key, and dust was covering the door way. You could feel the sadness when you put your hand on the door. The whole third floor of the Reed house is very "active"

You seem to know a lot of history of the area. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the Dean family Farm land in CHattanooga Tn. It is off of 153 on the CHicamunga dam. Additionally about a little girl named "Saddie" ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GARYNJANET View Post
Don't Look Now........but There's Someone Standing Right Behind You!
If people only knew!!!

I tried to look up these wbsites and did not find any information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stara6 View Post
You have to go to the battlefields in Stones River and Shiloh. You can almost feel them around you.
I am new to the area, where is this located at?

Last edited by Beretta; 09-01-2008 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-27-2008, 09:52 AM

4,937 posts, read 4,233,907 times
The creepiest thing just happened to me when I read the post on page 2 about the guy's girlfriend getting creeped out in the Confederate battlefield. I got that tingly "someone walked on your grave" sensation all over my body, and then it went on and on like waves of creepy tingles that lasted for over 30 seconds. I've never experienced that before. I am officially creeped out!

Old 08-27-2008, 03:38 PM

41 posts, read 169,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
The creepiest thing just happened to me when I read the post on page 2 about the guy's girlfriend getting creeped out in the Confederate battlefield. I got that tingly "someone walked on your grave" sensation all over my body, and then it went on and on like waves of creepy tingles that lasted for over 30 seconds. I've never experienced that before. I am officially creeped out!
CHEW... CHEw...Chew....chew......CHOW....CHOw...Chow...cho w (simulates creepy sounds from the 'Friday The 13th' movies that is always heard just before somebody gets it).

Old 08-28-2008, 08:45 AM

2,349 posts, read 9,501,603 times
Shadow, if you are talking about the Chickamauga Battlefield I have a cute story for you. Soon after we started this post, my little man and I decided to go haunt that "haint" late one night. We packed up our weapons (a Garfield garden shovel and a flashlight) and took off. The moon was full and it was CREEPY! There is one stretch of road that is straight and I turned off my headlights as we proceeded towards the tower. We saw a small feral black cat @ the railroad tracks and the little fella got so scared he wouldn't turn his head towards the window lol I asked him if he was frightened and he said, "No Mom, I have my hard karate ready to protect you." We didn't see ol green eyes but it was quite an event. Since then we have climbed the tower a couple of times, during the day of course. I will look for those infamous blood stains next time.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:14 PM
BNB

172 posts, read 618,928 times
Love all the ghost tales...I have had my share of personal ghost encounters in homes I have lived in--will be interesting to see what I bump into when we move out to TN....

:-D
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee