U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times

Advertisements

hey guys, I am a HUGE paranormal believer and fan; I have had many encounters with ghosts and all growing up here in tennessee.If u ever google "haunted palces in tennessee" shadowlands has the best resource accourding to state about haunted palces; especially Palmyra, The headless Statues, which are now gone but it makes the place at night even more creepier....i know for a fact this place is haunted due to hearing disembodied voices, seeing red eyes....and hearing what sounds like wind going through a hole in a tree, when no wind is blowing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 PM

23 posts, read 28,860 times
Personally, I do not want to encounter any, but have you ever been up the Natchez Trace up to Nashville? There are supposidly tons of spots for paranormal watching.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,340 times
I live near Baxter, TN and have heard several local ghost stories - some handed down through my family. I graduated from Upperman High School and walked past the tombstones of the Braswell brothers almost every day.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 4,486 times
Smile brassell brother hanging

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKEighty View Post
The Brassell Brothers were from western Putnam County, comitted the murder for which they were hanged in western Putnam County, and are in fact buried within the city of Baxter. However, they were tried, convicted and hanged in Cookeville. They were executed on Billygoat Hill on gallows constructed for the ocasion, in front of the largest gathering of people ever assembled in Cookeville up to that time.

Where is the Macedonia Church located in the Bangham Community? The Macedonia area and the Bangham area are both located in Putnam County, but are several miles apart.
Actually you can find a lot of information on George (Teek) and Joseph (Joe) Brassell and their hangings in the book. The Brassell Hangings by Donald E. Spurlock.. he was my teacher in high school at old upperman high school ( now cornerstone middle school) in baxter where the brassell brothers are burried. I read this book when I was in school. Very good read. Good luck.

Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,486 times
The stones river battlefield is in murfreesboro tn, I believe. The is also a haunted hotel in wartrace tn. I live in this town now and its the only hotel there. Go to website for more tennessee hauntings. Google- release me- haunted tn hope this helps.

Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM

22,533 posts, read 46,060,389 times
Looks like Harriman wants to "scare" up - I know, I know - some cash by playing up the 121-year-old Temperance Building's haunted past with the goal of revitalization. My days of interest in these things didn't carry past my preteen summer camp days but downtown restoration has been built on stranger things.

Tennessee town hopes ghost search can scare up cash | Reuters

Old 01-18-2012, 08:08 PM

344 posts, read 677,734 times
I have not went through all the posts but you may wish to check out Ghosttowns.com

Old 01-24-2012, 08:54 AM

3,647 posts, read 6,714,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
My days of interest in these things didn't carry past my preteen summer camp days but downtown restoration has been built on stranger things.
Metropolis, IL and their statue of Superman comes to mind. Worked for me...I stopped and got a picture taken there.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:58 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,962,328 times
I think if you Google "Western State Mental Health Institute-Bolivar,Tennessee" you will find a link to the haunted hospital.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM

171 posts, read 288,828 times
The cemetery on Copper Ridge Road in Powell Tn. Also Copper Ridge Baptist Church in Powell (Knoxville) Tn. These are not the same location, though some have confused them as being. The cemetery has some weird things going on for sure. Dark images, low pitched voices, mist which at times will seem to follow you around the property. The cemetary has graves dating back to the early 1800s. Been reports of satanic rituals being held there a while back. I'm telling you...SOMETHING IS GOING ON WITH THAT PLACE!

On the other hand, Knoxville has tons of places reported as being haunted. One being The University of Tennessee. Multiple buildings are supposed to be haunted. Makes sense being that one of the Civil War's bloodiest battles (The Battle of Fort Sanders) was hel on what's now part of campus. Also the Bijou Theater downtown Knoxville, along with Baker Peters Jazz Club out in West Knoxville.

Oak Ridge has the Wheat Community. There's stories about The George Jones Church and cemetary in this area. But I'm skeptical about the church story being that it resembles that of many "haunted church stories". But I do believe in the area as a whole being haunted. The Wheat Community is the site of an African burial ground where 90 graves are. This area also known for the Gallaher Stone Plantation where slaves were held and also buried. Take that history into consideration along with the fact that MULTIPLE murders have been committed in this area. To top it off, this area was taken over by the government in the 1940s for the Manhattan Project running people off the land, leaving it abandoned. I've heard numerous stories and have every last reason to believe this place to be haunted.

I know people like to fantasize with stories and they get out of hand. Especially the ones where it supposedly happens at certain places at certain times (ex. Midnight/haloween). I don't believe most of those stories and find most not to be true. I think spirits are free spirits and are apt to perform there stunts at random times. But rest assured, I believe in paranormal activities. In fact, I know for a fact that things are out there.

Last edited by RichRollin; 09-25-2012 at 11:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee