U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:25 PM

41 posts, read 169,284 times

Advertisements

QUOTE=Wordy;584197]Oh, AWESOME. What a great story. Thanks, 180!!![/quote]

I'm glad you enjoyed the story. For as long as I can remember, I've had a fascination with history (especially local history) and with gost stories. Perhaps my love for a good "true" ghost story can be traced back to the day in 1967 when I was four or five years old, and I heard my mother and grandmother discussing a story in either the Herald or the Citizen ( the two papers didn't merge until about 1970, I believe). The story they were talking about dealt with the strange goings on at an old house occupied by a family who had summoned the sheriff's department one night after being terrorized in their home by a big hairy creature covered with warts. And their home was located only a couple of hundred yards from my house! That'll get your attention!
By the way, the name's OneKEighty (1 K 80). 180 is simply what I WISH that I weighed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 01:33 PM

41 posts, read 169,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordy View Post
I think I live pretty close to Booger Swamp. Within a few miles, anyway.

What is the Booger Swamp story? PLEASE?? With a name like that it just has to be good.
"I swear I didn't know that you can't say BOOGER on the radio" - Doctor Johnny Fever, 1978.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:19 AM

10 posts, read 28,694 times
What kind of UFO and (or) Alien(grey,reptillian, ect.....) have people seen in tennessee?

Old 06-11-2007, 05:33 AM

6,290 posts, read 20,548,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notwor View Post
What kind of UFO and (or) Alien(grey,reptillian, ect.....) have people seen in tennessee?
Well, Porter Waggoner scares me.

;-)

What's really stupid is one of the councilmen for Nashville once wanted to build a UFO landing pad . . . complete with a Welcome to Tennessee sign, I guess. I'm not kidding; it made national news. And people from California and New Jersey wonder if they'll be accepted. Hey, if we can welcome a slimy green alien with three eyes, we can surely put up with a Yankee.

Last edited by alleycat; 06-11-2007 at 05:53 AM..

Old 06-11-2007, 07:35 AM

22 posts, read 77,668 times
I am not into the paranormal but found this site interesting about my own state: Shadowlands Haunted Places Index

Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 PM

28 posts, read 72,290 times
You have to go to the battlefields in Stones River and Shiloh. You can almost feel them around you.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:42 PM

67 posts, read 210,683 times
Here is a webpage I found interesting. I grew up in Kingsport, TN which is in the Northeast near the VA stateline. I have been to Sensebaugh Tunnel, 5 caves. Kingsport is also known for Rotherwood Mansion & some ghostly apparitions there. I love watching those Haunted America shows on the Travel channel.
Let us know where you decide to check out!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:43 PM

67 posts, read 210,683 times
Oops I forgot to post the link....DUH

Ghosts & Spirits of Tennessee

Old 06-11-2007, 05:02 PM

33 posts, read 145,077 times
Default Ghosts

Well I asked around becasue I wanted to do a ghost story for halloween last year. They say the Reid House in Chattanooga is a hotspot for that sort of thing. Here is a story we did about our haunted tv station.

YouTube - Haunted TV Station

Old 06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
SDL

3 posts, read 10,239 times
I just moved here to Dyersburg almost a year now. Is there any haunted places around here I should know about. I'm not scared or anything. I grew up around stuff like that. My grandma always told me she could talk to dead people. Don't know if she could or not, never actually seen it. But did see weird things when I stayed with her. So is there any haunted places around Dyersburg to visit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee