Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:15 PM

41 posts, read 190,318 times

Advertisements

Have any more details about this Calfkiller haunting? Never heard that one. I love a good "true" local 'haint tale'!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
Arrow Ghost Stories

Need a campfire and a bag of marshmallows.Ghosts & Spirits - Haunted Places

Old 10-10-2007, 12:19 PM

2,349 posts, read 10,655,275 times
Default ufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by notwor View Post
What kind of UFO and (or) Alien(grey,reptillian, ect.....) have people seen in tennessee?
You are in New Mexico right? We should ask YOU!

Old 10-11-2007, 06:40 AM

24,767 posts, read 28,520,245 times
Theirs a "Big Foot" organization on the NE side of Cookeville........

Old 10-17-2007, 09:32 PM

5 posts, read 26,136 times
Default Calfkiller

She had a reputation as being a loose woman. It has been suggested that she was a prostitute but I haven't been able to prove that. The man that was the father wouldn' marry her and killed her to cover up his mistake. I haven't been able to find out who "he" was. She was in her late 20's and this happened in the mid to late 1800's. Grandpa was going home to the Johnson Church area one night when he passed her on the bridge. That was the only time he saw her, but other locals had talked about seeing her. This was in the early 40's. The first time I saw her was about 5 years ago but the last time I was there she wouldn't show herself but I could feel her in the woods. She was very angry! For some reason I feel pulled to that area by her. A friend told me to never go there by myself. The bridge is located where Mill Creek Rd. ends at 84.

Last edited by krenkraw; 10-17-2007 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Forgot info

Old 10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krenkraw View Post
She had a reputation as being a loose woman. It has been suggested that she was a prostitute but I haven't been able to prove that. The man that was the father wouldn' marry her and killed her to cover up his mistake. I haven't been able to find out who "he" was. She was in her late 20's and this happened in the mid to late 1800's. Grandpa was going home to the Johnson Church area one night when he passed her on the bridge. That was the only time he saw her, but other locals had talked about seeing her. This was in the early 40's. The first time I saw her was about 5 years ago but the last time I was there she wouldn't show herself but I could feel her in the woods. She was very angry! For some reason I feel pulled to that area by her. A friend told me to never go there by myself. The bridge is located where Mill Creek Rd. ends at 84.
I know the place, although I had never heard this story before! Kinda lonely and scary around those parts. I'll have to check this out on a dark October night very soon. Thanks for posting. Got any more?

Old 10-18-2007, 08:46 PM

Default Calfkiller

I'm going to take a friend down there soon. She is very intuitive also and she has never been there. Now, I always stop my car in the vacinity. It's not like it was in my grandpa's day when they walked or rode a horse through there. Just be careful of copperheads if it's warm.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:34 AM

6,295 posts, read 23,211,854 times
For anyone interested, they are putting on a play in Adams about the Bell Witches. I've seen some clips of it on TV and it looks interesting. It was written by David Alford, which is one of the biggest name in theatre around here (he has even been in a PBS production of Death In the Family). Here's the website if anyone is interested: Spirit (http://www.bellwitchplay.com/Site/Spirit.html - broken link) The play is being put on by Community Spirit, a non-profit organization.

I hope I'll have a chance to go see it next week.

Last edited by alleycat; 10-19-2007 at 07:42 AM..

Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKEighty View Post
I know the place, although I had never heard this story before! Kinda lonely and scary around those parts. I'll have to check this out on a dark October night very soon. Thanks for posting. Got any more?
There is a place at Falling Springs in Overton Co. but I have never been there at night. I know someone who has heard things there.

Old 10-23-2007, 07:04 PM

Also in Overton County is the Old Union Church building. Know anything about the weird or scarry goings on at this reportedly haunted place over the years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee