U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2007, 07:41 AM

81 posts, read 275,210 times

Advertisements

I am hoping to get some insight/info about the horse community around the Tri City area vs.Knoxville area? (Is one area better than the other?) I did a search but did not come up with much. I have some info from previous posts but I still have questions.

Specifically what are the big disiplines there...H/J, dressage, western etc? I bet pleasure trail riding would be a biggy

Are there many local sanctioned shows, schooling shows or do you have to drive for hours?

Are there many show type barn/ boarding facilities?

We are a ways off from moving but I would just like to get a feel for the differences between the two areas and which area to concentrate on. We have a small acreage now but I am very much leaning toward boarding....Getting to a point(older) all the up keep and doing every thing myself really affects my riding time. I started to think about the Knoxville area as it may offer a few more options and opportunities for lessons, shows etc.
Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2007, 09:50 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,437,402 times
I know in my mls listings that I receive there's a subdivision in Pioneer, TN that's horse oriented (for example: MLS listing #538199).

Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 PM

29 posts, read 107,174 times
Check out Sewanee Tennessee, I know there is a new indoor arena at the University and they also board.
You might want to look at Shelbyville too its not far from here.
http://www.twhnc.com/

Old 04-13-2007, 06:41 AM

81 posts, read 275,210 times
Talking New info to consider and a new approach

Thanks you two!!! Every bit helps.
I was not able to pull up that MLS # but did check out Pioneer Tn.......That is very pretty country!!! But how can ya go wrong in that part of Tn.?
According to Map Quest, it would be about 45 min. drive to Knoxville. Our major desired criteria is no more than 30 min to a major hospital so need to check out La Follette as it looks like the largest city..close by. I would also like to be in or very near a college town.....so I will be checking out these new areas I hadn't thought of

Just in case some one has the same equine concerns in the future, I am going to try the back door .......I went to a couple of the major online "horses for sale" type sites and did a milage/radius search from Johnson City. I was able to get some web sites for local breeders a/o trainers that have horses for sale. I will try to contact them for a local perspective.

Would still appreciate any info any one can provide. It all comes under enjoyable type of planning and gives one new things to consider!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee