U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2007, 12:47 AM

1,044 posts, read 3,527,309 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I'll be in the East TN/WNC area for a few days from 19 Apr - 24 Apr interviewing for a possible job. What do you suggest my biggest bang for the buck/most productive time be spent doing?

I could:

- Apply at some jobs (any ideas where?) $12 - $18 range, know of any good job openings? State, county, city govt openings? Eastman openings?

- Apply/tour college's (GI bill money for college) any suggestions as to schools to look at in E. TN for nursing or radiology, ETSU? Others?

- Home shop, area familiarization, I drove around for 2 days looking at homes last time I was down, it's a big area, didn't accomplish a whole lot.

My thoughts are to focus on trying to find a few good job openings and apply for them and to take a tour of ETSU and speak with the nursing dept head about trying to get into that program. I figure if I can't find a good job, perhaps I'll try to get some better skills.

I know that this is a broad request, just looking for some ideas so that I can narrow it down, get a few good ideas and do those while I'm in the area.

Thanks

Tony
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 07:01 AM

1,775 posts, read 7,207,058 times
Well when we were up there for a potential move in the future, we first looked for an area to live that we liked then we looked outside surrounding that area as to what there was for work. I would focus on your living area first and just keep close proximity to a decent size town for work. Familiarize yourself first because you don't want to be stuck living in a run down area or out in nowhere land just to be close to your job. But then again, if you get a job first your one step ahead of the game as i hear it's quite tough to find work in TN.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:20 PM

1,044 posts, read 3,527,309 times
Well I just arrived in NC at my sisters house, I'm going to head over to ETSU tomorrow and check into a few things, maybe stop by the VA to look into the job situation, etc.

I have a job interview in Asheville next week, I did my job interview in Atlanta today, won't know the results for 2 weeks.

I drove thru knoxville today and over 25/70 from Newport to Weaverville, NC it was a very scenic drive, only bad thing was I passed at least one house that was flying a Nazi flag, white supremist (sp?) I guess.

Tony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee