Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:06 PM

11 posts, read 46,495 times

Advertisements

I am enthusiastic, I can't help it. Once you get here you'll realize what I'm talking about.

Yes Albuquerque has to be "sold"; otherwise why would someone move there? We found out the hard way just as you did. Knoxville sells itself. Just don't listen to me or all the other Knoxville lovers here, do your own research. If you don't find Knoxville to be the best choice going in the US today I would be surprised... very surprised.

It's true that almost every city in America says it's the best and has infinite reasons why its the best... but in the end, there's only one best place. A place that has everything that's needed and nothing that's not.

It's just a matter of time before everyone discovers what we did.

Hiknapster,

We haven't found a place as we haven't sold our house in Ohio. Thank you for asking. We wasted a month up there recently, and hated going back but needed to do anything to sell. No luck as their market is beyond dormant. People are leaving and no end in sight. We're fortunate that our friends will be gone for awhile longer and house sitting can be fun. No luck on jobs here either. The eternal optimist in me says, not yet anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 09:23 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyecinci View Post
I am enthusiastic, I can't help it. Once you get here you'll realize what I'm talking about.

Yes Albuquerque has to be "sold"; otherwise why would someone move there? We found out the hard way just as you did. Knoxville sells itself. Just don't listen to me or all the other Knoxville lovers here, do your own research. If you don't find Knoxville to be the best choice going in the US today I would be surprised... very surprised.

It's true that almost every city in America says it's the best and has infinite reasons why its the best... but in the end, there's only one best place. A place that has everything that's needed and nothing that's not.

It's just a matter of time before everyone discovers what we did.

Hiknapster,

We haven't found a place as we haven't sold our house in Ohio. Thank you for asking. We wasted a month up there recently, and hated going back but needed to do anything to sell. No luck as their market is beyond dormant. People are leaving and no end in sight. We're fortunate that our friends will be gone for awhile longer and house sitting can be fun. No luck on jobs here either. The eternal optimist in me says, not yet anyway.
You are welcome.

Good for you. You are so enthusiastic and it is so splendid to see! Knoxville rocks, doesn't it? We have wonderful neighborhoods. You simply must come over and see mine! We will sit on the patio and drink sweet tea! My best friend is from Ohio and my husband is from Chicago! Lots of people from the forum have come on over.

We are a city that is simply a large town. There are not strangers. If you are friendly, then Knoxville is your place.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:59 AM

420 posts, read 1,529,435 times
OP:

You know, every one has their own taste and preferences. Personally, I quite like Albuquerque (way more than Knoxville). So you might love Knox!

Chattanooga's re-development has a very different history and feel than Knoxville's. I prefer Chattanooga myself, for both the layout and access to outlying areas and for the natural beauty surrounding the town. Knox is so often smoggy that you don't even see the Smokeys, and there is no good connection between the riverfront and downtown. I think the Knoxville independent bar/downtown music scene is probably better.

Luckily, both areas are close to one another, so it is easy to visit both towns when you come to TN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee