U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 09:51 PM

7,281 posts, read 18,720,196 times

Advertisements

Ya beat me to it JMT!!! LOL
(we were posting at the same time, I wasn't repeating his answer hhhahahahah)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 09:54 PM

11,614 posts, read 31,815,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Ya beat me to it JMT!!! LOL
(we were posting at the same time, I wasn't repeating his answer hhhahahahah)
How cool is that! This isn't the first time you and I have posted pretty much the same things at pretty much the same time. Great minds think alike!

Old 04-21-2007, 09:56 PM

7,281 posts, read 18,720,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
How cool is that! This isn't the first time you and I have posted pretty much the same things at pretty much the same time. Great minds think alike!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 PM

8 posts, read 30,850 times
Thanks for the info. I guess I am a "Wanna be Half Back."
I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom 2 bath with min 2 acres. Full basement. Cntrl heat/air. May need work but nothing major. At least a 30-45 min drive to store/work/hospital. Under $100k. No mfg or mobile homes.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:13 PM

9 posts, read 36,803 times
Well this sounds like a pleasant thread. I was caught up reading the angry rants of a poor frustrated mother in murfeesboro!!! Hi everyone I am Cat and I live in Port Saint Lucie County Fl. presently. I am selling my house and am looking forward to move to Tennessee (looks like everyone is these days) I want to move to a Rural area with not much growth. I am interested in the East North of Chatanooga. I am also interested in hearing about the Private Christian Colleges in the area. A future Flor... I do not like the idiot part.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:19 PM

11,614 posts, read 31,815,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaChris View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess I am a "Wanna be Half Back."
I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom 2 bath with min 2 acres. Full basement. Cntrl heat/air. May need work but nothing major. At least a 30-45 min drive to store/work/hospital. Under $100k. No mfg or mobile homes.
You shouldn't have any problems finding something like that in some of the more rural parts of the state. Might I recommend the Cumberland Plateau? You can get yourself some beautiful land in Overton County and be close to Dale Hollow Lake (absolutely GORGEOUS), several beautiful state parks and forests, and 20-30 minutes from Cookeville which has the largest hospital between Nashville and Knoxville (and one of the top 5 heart surgery centers in the state) plus tons of shopping and cultural activities thanks in large part to the university. Plus, being on the plateau, summers aren't quite as muggy.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:22 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,428,977 times
i dont necessarily resent the "floridiot" remarks, but i dont really care for it, being a floridiAN myself. but let's keep things balanced. i could call native tenn's lots of names, and pick out lots of imperfections (more than what floridians are sometimes called) but that would annoy a few... so i wont mention any. i'm too nice.

let's be honest, tn has been around for a long time, only now ppl are finally thinking tn/sc/ga. it's cheaper and much of it "undiscovered" for now. if it was expensive to live there, and lots of ppl living there, i dont know how popular it would be...

my 2 cents.

Old 04-22-2007, 06:36 PM

22,538 posts, read 46,123,072 times
Okay, BacktoFlorida, what's up with you? Are you possibly, maybe, kinda, sorta considering moving to Tennessee? You've been hanging out here a little bit. That's okay. If you are from Florida and not an idiot, you will not be called a Floridiot. Really.

And yes, it could get overpopulated. I am worried, as well.

But if you are considering Tennessee, well, there is no harm in that. Okay?

Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 PM

2,227 posts, read 7,428,977 times
no, i used to live up that way though. still have family up there, just like to read the....."grass is greener" stuff and some of the exaggerations.

ex: everyone in fla: speaks spanish, crime is all over, everyone is rude, traffic is bad everywhere, it's 90 degrees all the time, blah blah blah... never heard so much whining... it's kinda funny actually. everyone generalizes fla as these things, when in reality, it is far from the truth. there are places to get away from crime and traffic. too much generalizing. i know not everyone in tn is missing a few teeth, or hooked on meth. seriously.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:14 PM

1,775 posts, read 7,209,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtofla View Post
everyone in fla: speaks spanish, crime is all over, everyone is rude, traffic is bad everywhere, it's 90 degrees all the time, blah blah blah... never heard so much whining... it's kinda funny actually. everyone generalizes fla as these things, when in reality, it is far from the truth. there are places to get away from crime and traffic. too much generalizing. i know not everyone in tn is missing a few teeth, or hooked on meth. seriously.
I live in one of those Florida cities nobody has discovered yet apparently. I very rarely see a spanish speaking person, traffic isn't bad at all on the main roads in town but it's a little busier than it used to be, basic crime here and there but nothing out of the ordinary, drugs, break ins etc. Nothing you won't find in any other state. I do hate the dreaded heat though. there's no escaping that anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee